Chapter 29

It had been a little over a week since we'd left the hospital and just as Jason said he never left my side.Before we left the hospital we had went to check on Aaron.He had been rushed in that night because his chest pains were growing worse.Multiple smaller tumors were starting to grow on his right lung.He'd gone home yesterday and wanted me to visit him as soon as I could.

I stepped out of the shower and nearly fell.Jason was standing in front of the mirror wearing only a towel.I guess he'd just got out of the other shower.His skin glistened with water and his hair was in loose,wet curls.He was running his fingers through his hair and mumbling to himself.

"What's up?"I asked as I grabbed my towel.

Jason looked at me and blushed."S..sorry,I came to ask y..you something."

"What is it?"I asked.

He sighed and slipped his hand into mine and gave it a gentle squeeze."I..I wanted to take..take you out to..today."

I smiled at him.This would be the first place we've gone out since the accident."Where are we going?"

"It's..it's a surprise."he whispered.

Jason gave me a soft kiss on the lips and headed into the room.I pursed my lips as I watched him go.Where could we be going?

I sat on the couch and wrote on my cast with a blue sharpie,while I waited for Jason to finish getting dressed.He'd been in there for a while already,but I continued to wait.

My cast was nearly covered with doodles and words when I finally decided to go and check on him.I walked into the room just in time to see him shove something in his pocket.

"What was that?"I asked as I stepped closer.

He looked up at me in surprise."Um..um it's nothing."

I stared at him curiously."Ok,if you say so."

We walked into a small deli and waited patiently in line.I watched as Jason ordered two sub sandwiches and smiled to himself.He seemed so happy,but I had no clue as to why.After he had the subs,he eagerly pulled me out of the shop.

Jason jumped into the driver's seat and waited for me to get in.

"What are you doing?"I asked.

"I..I wanted to..to drive."he said smiling.

I made at face at him.He wasn't supposed to drive because he might have a seizure.He looked so excited,but I was honestly so scared.

"Jason,come on.You know you can't drive."I sighed.

"Pl..please Sam.This is..is supposed to be fun."he said with a frown.

I frowned back."Yeah I know,but that's illegal."

A mischievous smile replaced his frown."Ill..illegal is fun.Ple..please Sam."

"Jason no."I sighed.

He stared at me with bright and pleading green eyes."Pl..please."

"Fuck Jason."I rolled my eyes and got in the car."I swear to God if we get arrested."

When we finally stopped I was all to eager to get out of the car."You are NOT driving us back!"

Jason smiled as he stepped out of the car."I..I thought it was..was fun."

"I thought it was a death sentence."I said with a smile.

Jason was an awful driver.The speed limit was 45,but he was only going 27.That wasn't even the worst part.He kept hitting the brakes in the middle of the road and almost got us into a rear end collision.

"L..look where we..we are."Jason said pointing in front of us.

I looked up and gasped.We were at The Big Spot.I hadn't been here in so long.

"What are we doing here?"I asked.

"J..just visiting."he said as he pulled me towards the door.

When we walked in the first face we saw was Mrs.Debbie's.She was staring down at a stack of papers with a determined look.

I stood in front of her desk and cleared my throat.She peeked over her glasses and smiled.

She quickly stood up and walked around her desk."Its so nice to...."she stopped and stared at my stomach.She looked at Jason and then back at me."You're pregnant!"

I smiled."Yeah,with twins."

Her eyes grew even bigger."Oh dear.I knew you two were love birds,but I wasn't expecting a baby so soon."

"Neither were we."I sighed.

"What you two doing here?"she asked as she hugged me.

I looked over at Jason and tilted my head."I don't know.What are we doing here Jason?"

"We..we're here to use..use my old room."he said with a smile.

"Oh,go ahead then.Have fun you two."Mrs.Debbie said gently pushing us towards Jason's old room.

We ate our subs and laughed cheerfully for what seemed like ages.

I watched as Jason's eyes wondered towards the window.He was watching people walk by the window.

I smiled at him because it reminded me of when we first met.I stared down at my hands and thought about how different things were.How much better they were.

My thoughts were interrupted my music playing.When I realized that it was All of the Stars I looked up in surprise.Jason was standing there with his hand extended.

"W..will you dance w..with me."he asked with a small grin.

I smiled and grabbed his hand."Of course."

He pulled me to his chest and twirled me in circles.We continued to dance until the song went off.

Jason pulled me closer and kissed me softly.His lips lingered on mine forever.When he pulled away,he stared into my eyes with a serious expression.

"S..Sam,you mean every..everything to me an..and I never w..want to be with..without you.Wh..when we were in..in the accident last we..week,I prayed.Not..not for me,but f..for you.I would g..give my life for y..you Sam.....and wh..when that man tried...he..he tried..."I wiped away the tears falling down his cheeks."He tried to..to rape you an..and I wasn't th..there.I always want t..to be there for you S..Sam and this is..is the only way to guar..guarantee that."Jason whispered.

He slowly stepped away from me and kneeled down on one knee.He pulled a small black box from his coat pocket and opened it.Inside was a silver ring with three diamonds in the center.

"S..Sam Pruett,will you m..marry me?"

Sorry that it's been a while.I'm working on a big project and I honestly don't know when I'll be able to update again.Hope this chapter was worth the wait!!