Chapter 46

My eyes slowly fluttered open when I felt a trail of soft kisses being left down my neck. I smiled to myself and rolled over so that I could see Damon.

He smiled at me and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Good morning beautiful." He whispered inches from my face.

I stared at him in admiration and awe. His bright blue eyes wandered over me as he smiled to himself.

I reached over and ran my fingers through his messy brown hair."Good morning."

He gently pulled my hand to his lips and kissed it. His eyes danced with delight as he held my hand to his cheek and smiled.

"Why are you so happy this morning?" I asked.

"Because last night I learned that the most beautiful woman ever, the girl that I've always loved, the center of my universe, loved me too." He said with a big grin.

Damon crawled over in front of me and pulled my legs on either side of his body, so that he was directly in front of my stomach.

"I'm happy because I've finally gotten the chance that I've been waiting for my whole life." He whispered."I'm happy because of you. I'm happy because I'm in love."

A warm feeling spread over my body as Damon said this. It made me happy to think that someone loved me that much.

I thought Jason loved me that much, but I guess that I was wrong. He would always say that he loved me but he obviously didn't mean it.

The thoughts started to crowd my head, but when I looked over at Damon they all slowly drifted from my mind. The only thing that I needed to worry about was Damon and the twins.

I smiled at Damon as he pressed his hands on my stomach and gently kissed it. I could feel soft thumps in my stomach just as he pulled his lips away.

When I saw his face light up, I figured that he felt it too.

"One of them kicked me!" He whispered excitedly.

I smiled at him and said, "Maybe they like your kisses."

Damon gently kissed my stomach again, but this time a little harder and a little longer.

He looked up at me with a bright smile."I think they do."

He stared at my stomach with a small grin plastered on his face.

"Why don't you talk to them?" I asked.

His smile faltered as he continued to look at my stomach. "What would I say?....What if they don't react to my voice?....What if they don't like it? I might sound like a dying whale to them."

I started to laugh."Don't worry about any of that, just say how you feel or something."

Damon heaved a long sigh and started to talk to the twins."Hey there little people."When I started to laugh he gave me a stern look and hushed me."As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I can't wait until you two get here. You two are bound to be the light in my life. You and your mother. You're all that I'll ever need. You're all that I want."

   My heart fluttered in my chest at his words. I watched him quietly as he continued to whisper to the twins. His eyes were closed lightly and his head was bowed. He looked so concentrated and sincere in what he was saying.

   "I swear that I'll take care of both of you. I may not be rich, but you'll never have to go without. I promise. I'll spend every last cent in my pocket if it means that you'll be happy. I just want to give you the world. Both of you. Regardless of cost. You won't have to worry about anything. Me and mommy will be here."Damon sighed quietly, still never opening his eyes."I may not be your real dad, but you're my kids and don't let anyone tell you different. I'll care for you. I'll love you endlessly. I'll be here no matter what....Mommy and daddy love both of you and that will never change. Keep that in your heart and never let it go."