Chapter 16

I stared off into space not knowing how to react.My heart hammered and my head throbbed.I couldn't be pregnant.I wasn't ready to be a parent yet.

I slid down the wall and pulled my hair away from my face.My eyes burned as tears faught their way out."Carly I can't be pregnant.I just can't!I mean I don't have my own house.Fuck,I don't even have a job!I can't support a baby."I cried.

She sat on the floor beside me."You seemed excited about it earlier this week."

"Yeah that's before I knew I was actually pregnant and I thought I would be older."I sighed.

Thoughts crowded my head as I tried to calm down.A baby.I was going to have a baby.

I pulled away from Carly and wiped my eyes."I guess I owe you $20."I said trying to smile.

She smiled at me and said,"I think you'll need that money."

We sat in silence while we both gathered ourselves."You ready to go back in the kitchen?"she asked.

"Yeah I guess so."I said rubbing my hands over my face.

Carly helped me up from the floor and we walked over to the kitchen.We both stood in the doorway and watched Jason and Ally.He kept hesitantly reaching for the spoon that Ally was sticking in her mouth,but she would bite at his hand when he came close.He started to frown at her and reached for it again,but couldn't get it.When he saw me standing there he made an annoyed face and pointed at Ally.

I walked over and stopped behind Ally.She turned around and looked up at me."What are you doing?"I asked.

"I just wanted the spoon,but Jason keeps trying to take it."she wined.

I looked over at Jason who looked kind of pissed."Well can I have the spoon?I mean wouldn't you much rather have a cookie?"

She gave me the spoon and ran over to the oven.I walked behind her,grabbed the oven mit,and pulled out the cookies.Ally jumped up and down in excitement.

After they had cooled down I put them on a plate and sat it on the table.
I walked back over to Carly and nuged her arm.

"How am I supposed to tell Jason?"I whispered."What if he doesn't want kids?"

Carly let out a soft sigh."The only thing you can do is come right out and say it and look at him Sam."

I watched Jason as he clinked his glass of milk with Ally's.When some of it spilled over the top of the glass a huge grin crossed his face as Ally started to laugh.He seemed so happy with her.I could only imagine what would happen when our baby arrived and was old enough to play with them both.There would be total chaos in this house.

Ally tossed a piece of cookie in the air and tried to catch it in her mouth,but it went straight past her head.After Jason saw Ally do it he wanted to try it too.He tossed the cookie in the air and ended up with a melted chocolate chip smeared down his cheek.They both threw their head back in laughter and I couldn't help but smile.

"He'd be a perfect dad."I whispered."Absolutely perfect."

I stared at Jason in amazement.How could I have been so lucky to find him?My life.....My everything.

The sunlight danced on Jason's brilliant green eyes as he looked up at me.His crooked smile grew even bigger when I started to walk towards him.I reached out my hand and waited for him to take it.

"I need to talk to you Jason."I said staring down at him.

He slipped his hand in mine and stood up.

"Are you gonna come back?"Ally asked shoving a cookie in her mouth.

"Yeah we'll be back."I whispered.

Jason and I walked up the stairs to his bedroom.After we were inside the room I quietly closed the door and joined Jason on the bed.He watched me intently and waited for me to speak.

I let out a long sigh before speaking."Jason I'm....."

I sat there trying to build up my confidence to say it.He pulled his phone from his pocket and started to text.

You're what?Hot?If that was it I already knew that.

Jason winked at me and I started to smile."No Jason.You have to turn off the charm for a minute.This is serious."I said.

His face became serious,but quickly turned back into a smile.He ran his hand over his face and tried to be serious again.

"Jason I'm...I'm pregnant."I said as I closed my eyes.

After a second I hesitantly opened them.Jason was staring at me with a blank expression.It was if you could see the thoughts running through his head.I gave his leg a small shake,but it didn't faze him.

I watched Jason as he sat there for another moment and then stood from the bed and walked past me.

"Fuck."I sighed as I slid my face into my hands."Why me?What have I done to anyone?I just should have just kept my fuc...."

A small screamed slipped from my mouth as I was snatched from the bed.I could feel Jason's chest pressed against my back as he spun me in circles.My shocked scream soon turned to cries of joy.When he finally sat me down I stumbled over to the bed and sat down.

Jason sat down beside me with a crooked smile plastered on his face.He quickly grabbed his phone and started to text.

This is the best day of my life.Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be blessed with someone as perfect as you.Sam I love you so much and I seriously CAN NOT wait to see the miracle that we created.

My eyes started to water as I read the text.I threw my arms around Jason and couldn't bring myself to let go.We sat there in silence just enjoying the embrace.

Jason excitedly dragged me down the stairs.I nearly tripped at least three times before we reached the bottom.He rushed to the kitchen and pulled me into his arms.Ally and Carly just stared.Ally in confusion and Carly in excitement.

"I see he took it well."Carly said smiling.

"Yeah he really scared the sh..crap out of me at first."I said laughing as Jason continued to bounce in excitement.

Ally just looked around."What happened?What did he take well?"she asked.

I smiled at Ally and said,"Ally I hope you're ready to be an aunt because I'm pregnant!"

Ally's jaw dropped."No way!You're having a baby?"

I nodded my head excitedly.She jumped down from her chair and ran over to me.

She gently pressed her hands against my stomach and words started to spill from her mouth."I'm going to be the best aunt ever!I'm going to play dress up with you.I'm going to paint your nails.I'm going to give you everything you want!"

Carly walked over and kneeled down beside Ally."Hey don't listen to her.She doesn't know what she's talking about because you're going to be a boy!"she said winking at Ally.

Ally scowled at Carly and said,"She will not be a boy!She's going to be a girl and look just like me."

"Boy."Carly said.

"Girl!"Ally snapped.

I watched them in amusement then looked over at Jason and smiled.He was smiling at the floor and biting his lip.I leaned my head against his chest and sighed.Never again would my life be the same.