alternate ending

disclaimer: i did not write any of this chapter, full credit goes to _MrRaye_ only my ideas were given

beep... beep...beep...beep

michael groaned as he woke up from his sleep. the doctors were going to check up on him again, but he needed to see luke.

a young woman with dark hair and blue eyes walked into michael's room, smiling at him fakely before taking a seat across from his bed. "how are you michael?" she questioned and tapped her foot down.

michael sat up in his bed and looked at the woman questioningly. "where is luke? they won't tell me, please tell me."

the woman sighed heavily and opened her mouth to talk hesitantly, "who is luke, michael?"

michael smiled dreamily and sighed in content. "my boyfriend, i love him a lot. but he disappeared a few days ago. he was here... i swear."

the woman looked shocked for a moment before composing herself. "tell me michael, how does luke look like?"

michael's smile widened as he remembered luke's features. "he's tall. gorgeous blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. he's slender and looks really cute and i love everything about him. but he sometimes gets angry with me."

the woman's smile faltered and she looked away from michael. "i-i'll be right back michael." the woman stood up and left the room.

michael heard raised voices outside of his room, rushed and panicked. "let me see him!" michael's ears perked up at the sound of calum's voice.

the door was slammed open and michael saw calum staring at him in awe.

"mikey, mikey baby... i'm so sorry. i love you so much." calum reached over to hug michael but michael flinched.

"calum... no! no! where's luke?! where is he?! i-i want luke not you!" michael started to tear up and panic filled his body.

"luke... who's-" calum's cut himself off and looked at michael in shock.

michael felt confused until he saw luke enter his hospital room. "see! he's right there! behind you!"

the doctor and calum looked towards the back of the room slowly and turned back to look at michael.

"michael... michael there isn't anyone there..." the doctor trailed off.

michael sighed exasperatedly, "yes there is! luke... he's right there. stop looking at me like i'm crazy or something!i'm not- i'm not crazy!"

calum and the doctor looked at each other in worry. "michael i don't think...luke is real." the doctor spoke hesitantly.

michael gasps and he tries to form a sentence but suddenly his voice is gone... luke isn't real.

calum had been abusing him for so long that he had to make up somebody in his head that gave him love that he deserved. it all became too real.

michael suddenly felt his whole word falling apart and he felt like he was drowning. tears silently escape michael's eyes and he sobbed gently.

luke isn't real.

a/n hey guys! this is the last chapter in the book. i want to thank all of you lovely people for reading even if my chapters were a bit crappy. thank you julia for letting me continue this book and yeah, i love you all.

for the last time

promise xx