cold

disclaimer: i did not write any of this chapter, full credit goes to @_MrRaye_ only my ideas were given

michael's eyes opened slowly when he regained his consciousness, he heard a low, dull beeping come from beside him. all he could see was white and the smell of anti-bacterial spray filled his nose. he felt cold as a shiver ran up his spine.

there was a dull pain coming from his lower body and he groaned in discomfort.

the nurse on the other side of the room heard michael's groan and rushed over to him. "calm down mr. clifford, you'll worsen your injuries." she had spoken in a soft tone. michael felt a small prick in his skin and knew that he had been injected with an anesthetic because he felt lighter and his eyes were once again getting harder to keep open.

"where.... where am i?" michael asked groggily, his mouth dry and cold.

"you're in st. heaven's hospital, mr. clifford." the nurse answered, smiling at the young boy.

"c-can i please h-have some water?" michael asked raspily, coughing slightly. the nurse walked over to a water dispenser in the corner of the white hospital room, got a plastic cup of cold water and returned to michael. she held the cup to michael's mouth and he took small sips, finishing the water slowly.

michael had given her a grateful smile before he rested back on his comfortable pillows, slowly drifting off.

he was soon snapped out of his stupor by the nurse who had asked him, "how are you feeling mr. clifford?"

"i... i f-feel sleepy.... but i-i'm feelin' okay." michael murmured sleepily, he yawned and started to close his eyes. "where... where's luke?"

"luke? luke hemmings?" the nurse asked.

"yeah.. yeah him." michael giggled softly at the thought of luke being with him.

"oh mr. clifford well um..." the nurse trailed off, twiddling her hands around each other nervously.

"luke hemmings has been missing for a month."