One or the other

Warning- This may be a trigger for some. Some words that might trigger suicidal thoughts are in this so please be careful reading if you are at risk.

Months had past since the break up. (y/n) found out about Kai and Skylor. They had gotten together after a few months of hanging out with each other and it completely crushed her heart to know. She pretended to move on. She faked smiles once again. She faked laughs. She faked Happiness. She was back to square one. Now it's back to where they started, it seemed.
-

Kai smiled genuinely, as he walked to his door opening it revealing his, favorite girl. Skylor.

"Hey K-" He cut her off dipping her down and kissing her passionately. She kissed back wrapping her arms around his neck. Kai deepened the kiss and pulled away for air. "I love you." He spoke dreamily. Skylor blushed as she looked down smiling. "I love you most."

Kai intertwined his hand with hers. "So, what do you want to do today?"-She smiled-"It doesn't matter as long as I am with you." Kai chuckled kissing her delicate soft cheek. "How about we go walk around town?" He asked."I would love that."

The two lovers walked hand in hand out of Kai's room. (y/n) walked past them in a hurry, she didn't like to see them together it hurt her more than it already had.
She didn't realize how fast he would move on. It hurt more than she could ever explain. They went from Strangers, to Friends, Best friends, Lovers, and back to Strangers.

"Hey (y/n)!" he spoke as nothing had happened. She looked at him for a moment and started to tear up, "Hey.." She spoke, looking down. Skylor kissed his lips softly and smiled, "I'll be outside waiting for you." Kai smiled. "Yes of course Babe. I'll be out soon." (Y/n) sat awkwardly facing Kai.

He shook his head getting out of his day dream. "Oh yeah.. don't know if you know, but Skylor and I are together if you haven't guessed." Kai chuckled. (Y/n) didn't speak, she look up with tears threatening to spill.

"How did you do it?" she asked.
Tears rolling down her face she began to walk away.
"Do what?" He asked emotionless.
(Y/n) looked back.
"How did you leave? How did you leave me like I was nothing? I was hopelessly in love with you. I smiled every time I got a text from you.
It seems like just yesterday. Everything ended so fast. The way you talked to me, and the way you looked at me......I thought why we had was special. I actually thought I found true love. But now I look back at you, and your smiling like nothing happened. I was just wondering, how did you move on so fast? How did you love someone, without actually loving them?" She wiped a tear away, looking at Kai one last time. It really was over.

Kai rolled his eyes. "I thought you moved on, (y/n). It seemed like it. You seemed happy. You smile. You laugh. You are still sassy. Nothing's changed with you." he said grabbing her wrist and turning her around. "You know Kai, things aren't always what they seem. If you really looked deep into my eyes you would know. It's scary what a smile can hide. Isn't it sad how we can fall apart without anyone realizing it?" She cried. Kai paused as he process what she said. (y/n) wiped some of her continuously flowing tears. "Thats what happens." she said gritting her teeth a little. "You let people in and they destroy you." She frowned running to her room slamming the door. She plopped onto her bed crying harder than she had in a while.

Kai slowly walked outside replaying what had just happened. Was she really hurting that much? He was thinking so much that he ran into the wall because he was not paying attention. Skylor rushed to his side. "Are you okay Kai?!" Kai nodded. "Yes just deep in thought." Skylor tilted her head to the side. "Whatcha thinking about?" Kai sighed. "Nothing important."
-

(Y/n) cried and cried and cried. She shifted onto her pillow when she felt something crumbled underneath her. It was a note... from him.....