He Won't Come Between Us

Tavia, 

I sat at the table with a blank look on my face while looking out the window at Prod and Char locking lips. It didn't last that long but I'm still lost as hell as to when they became THIS in love. 

Their food is here on the table, and it's making me look like a fat ass! This guy walked by and looked at me funny so I told him it was for some friends but he just nodded and walked off. He was probably on a date anyway. I just wish they'd hurry up and get back!

I took a sip of my strawberry lemonade and glanced up at Char and Prod again, just to see him sneak another kiss from her. Are they actually dating now or what? Cause it sure seems like it!

Finally they walked back in all cheesy and shit. I wasn't smiling. He's stealing my best friend! 

"FINALLY!" I yell to them

"Sorry. But guess what?" Char smiled while sliding back into the booth, Prod following her.

"What" 

"Prod asked me out!"

"I figured that"

Char frowned "How?"

"You two were standing there kissing like you were in a private hotel room"

Char clears her throat. "oh, well aren't you happy for me?"

"yes, as long as this doesn't interfere with our friendship" I picked up a french fry off my plate

"It won't"

"But you can't hog my girl either" Prod says

I raise my eye brawl at him and chuckle. "But you only know her cause you ran out in front of her car. It's not like you've been knowing her for years like I have"

"GUYS, can we talk about this later... not in public?" char quickly cuts us off before things got crazy.

I just sigh. "I'll be back"

Char watched me slide out the booth and walk away. She knows something is wrong, I mean we've been friends since high school so if she doesn't notice this time... I blame it on Prod.

Char, 

"Let me out" I pat Prod on the thigh

"Where are you going?"

"I check on my friend"

"ok, but hurry back"

"I will"

I got up and went in the direction that Tavia went in, which was toward the restrooms. Ugh, I hate public restrooms! 

"Tavia..." I whisper

"The fuck are you whispering for"

I walk on in and see Tavia sitting on the counter with her legs dangling off 

"What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to get away from you and him for a minute" 

I hop up beside her and look at the floor. "I know this was suppose to be a friend night, just us and Im sorry for asking to bring Prod. I know you only said yes because you wanted me to be happy but deep down I know you wanted to say no"

"You finally realized that huh?"

"But Tavia we've been friends for 3 years and I won't let a guy come between us. I won't allow him to talk to you any kind of way either.. and he definitely won't prevent me from hanging with you"