Nope, Not In Me

Prod,

I stumble my way down the stairs, in pain, headed to take this medicine the doctor gave me, to hopefully relief the pain.

Having a broken wrist, which leaves me with one hand, makes everything way harder to do. I can barley open the damn pills. Maybe I do need someone here with me. Naw, I take that back. I can do it! 

Placing the plastic container of pills between my fingers of the hand with the broken wrist, then using my unbroken one to twist, The top pops right off. Didn't I say I could do it?

I take the pill out but then realize I didn't have a glass. Great. Do you know how high up the glasses are? They're not up that high but when you have a broken rib, and have to reach up high..... You'll consider it a high reach. 

Suddenly the door bell rings, that sound gets more and more annoying every time it sounds! I sigh deeply and walk to the door. "WHO IS IT?"

"Try using your peep hole!"

"Peep hole my ass" I twist the door knob and pull it open. "Char"

"Prod" She smiles

"Great! You're here. Can you do me a favor?"

"Which is?"

"Go get me a glass. Fill it with water, and bring me it, along with the pill on the counter" I gently collapse on the couch.

"What? Im not a maid" she says

"Uh, Yea you are"

"I know we just met and all... We don't really know each other, But why the hell are you so rude?"

"That's just me"

"Well Im nice enough to come and check on you and then you treat me like this."

I just looked at her with nothing to say.

"Did you know I don't have to do this?" Char questions

I nod my head yes. "But.... Can you......... Bring my pill?"

She sighs and rolls her eyes, headed to the kitchen. 

When she gets back I take the pill and sit the glass on the coffee table in front of me.

"What?" I ask while watching her stand there with crossed arms.

"You forgot something"

"Oh. Sorry" I pick the glass up and hand it back to her. "Just sit it on the counter"

"Ugh!" Char knocks the glass out of my hand and on to the floor with force.

"What the fuck!"

"If you're just gonna be rude and treat me like this, then I won't be back!" 

"Fine with me" 

She turns around and heads to the door but I began to think about how bad I struggle, and actually need help. I don't want to admit it but..... "Char wait!"

She stops but doesn't turn around. "What"

"Im sorry"

"I can see that on my own"

"ha ha. Very funny. Come here"

"Im just trying to help you, but I feel like Im not needed"

"Come here!" I repeat. 

Finally she turns around and comes over to the couch. Moving my legs, I made room for her to sit.

"So look..... Im not that type of person that's nice to everyone. More say.... I don't 'love' I don't show 'love' to mostly anyone. I appreciate your help but This is just me"