30; Stargazing

"There's the big dipper!" Mark exclaimed, a big grin on his face as he pointed towards the cluster of stars.

"Mark..." You spoke, turning your head to the right, squinting your eyes before pointing out another constellation. "The big dipper's over there."

He retracted his hand and played it off with a nod and a sheepish grin, which made you laugh.

"Oh, right. I totally knew that. Just testing you."

It was a quiet, Saturday night in Mark's hometown. He had decided to visit his parents, as well as make some videos with his good friends Wade and Bob; and, of course, he brought you along. After having dinner with his mom and a few of his relatives- plus looking at Mark's baby pictures while he sulked in the living room- he brought you to an empty field a few miles away from his neighborhood. Just like the good boyfriend that he is, he remembered you mentioning stargazing and immediately thought of this area as he planned the trip.

"Ah, I love it here," You breathed, "Even though it's cold as balls."

He laughed at your comment and you smiled, still focusing on the sky above you. Little did you know, Mark's attention wasn't on the stars anymore. It was on you.

He gazed at you softly, taking in each of your features.

Mark found you more entrancing than the galaxy and all it's intricate colors. Your presence alone left him breathless, and every day he found himself wanting to explore deeper into the depths of your mind; finding your thoughts, ideas, words, movements, and even laughter more captivating than stars connected together, twinkling billions of light years away. And through every shooting star he manages to witness, he wishes for your happiness. Without you, his world wouldn't work as smoothly as it does now.

You were his sun, moon, and stars.

* . ⋆・゚。 . ・゚˚ . · · ✧

A cold breeze blew through the both of you, but neither of you shivered as you laid on the grass, legs tangled and bodies close together. The world seemed still.

Your laughter faded into a smile after reminiscing events that had happened months ago. There was never a dull moment with Mark and his friends.

After a few minutes of lazily scanning the thousands of stars, Mark spoke in a whisper.

"...That constellation looks like a penis."

"Oh my god."