Chapter 9

The loneliest people,

Are the kindest.

The saddest people,

Smile the brightest.

All because.

They do not wish to see anyone else.

Suffer the way they do.

*

Matt’s POV

*Flashback*

“Small one where are you going?”

“Yeah Libby where ya going?”

I could hear the taunting voices or Landon and Niall behind me and I ran faster. They had taken me to the mall with a group of their friends and it had ended up them being mean to me.

I had started walking home and they had followed taunting me and soon I just ran. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I think she’s scared of us Lan.” I heard Niall laugh and my heart broke.

“Why should she be?” Lan chuckled out and I ran even faster desperate to be away from them. I could hear them pick up their own speed and I nearly cried in despair.

What had I done to them? They were meant to be my family.

I took a quick left and I could hear them cursing behind me. I was heading to Ris’s house knowing she would help. She was only fifteen but she had one hell of a punch.

“Come on,” I breathed out my breath coming out in quick pants.

“Where you going small one? Are you scared of us?” I heard Niall taunt behind me. I cursed myself as I realised they were catching up. “Get you’re pathetic ass back here!” He ground out and I whimpered in fear.

There! I saw Ris’s house up ahead and thank the lord she was walking out. She spotted me and her face paled she ran to me.

I ran to her and I collapsed in her arms a sob ripping through my chest. “You bastards!” I heard Ris growl out to the boys and I staggered to my feet and went behind her.

“Language.” Landon said and I looked over Ris’s shoulder to see them glaring at us. I sobbed and both their stares turned to me.

“Landon this is you’re sister and look what you’ve done.” Ris barked out to them. “And you Niall, you are meant to be her brother too. You have both done this to her.”

She grasped my wrist and pulled my arm out and I gasped. “No.” I whisphered. She pulled my sleeve down same with the arm bands and showed them my wrist.

Scares.

Burns.

Fresh cuts.

Both of their faces turned to shock and horror. They both stepped forward and I flinched. “You did this to her.” She said quietly.

She pulled me into her arms and I sobbed. She started pulling me down the street leaving the frozen boys there. “Libby!” I froze in Ris’s arms and then pulled out of her grasp and ran to her house and into her room.

I left that night with my Dad and never looked back.

*Flashback over*

I woke up still in the fort. Bodies were everywhere and the light snores filled the room along with the smell of long ago eaten pizza.