Chapter 3

Why do we close our eyes when we pray?

When we cry?

When we dream?

Or when we kiss?

Because we know that the most beautiful things in life are not seen.

But felt by the heart.

*

Matt’s POV

How they hell did he know I was living here? Why was he back here? All these thoughts were swirling around my brain as I was sitting on the cold marble floor of my bathroom.

Niall Horan.

The boy I had loved for years, who had done everything to ruin my life. Was back. And I knew he wouldn’t let go of me that easily. I sighed.

I think its time.

I stood up and unlocked the door and headed to my room and fell onto my bed. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it and found the numbers. “Ugh. Their going to sass me.” I groaned out but phoned the first number.

One.

Two.

Three.

“Hello?” A girl’s voice said and I take a deep breath.

“Long time no speak Rissa,” I said.

I could hear her take a deep breath. “You little dip-shit!” Rissa laughed down the phone and I couldn’t help but smile.

“I was totally getting ready for you to sass me,” I laughed.

“I’ll get there soon enough,” she chuckled. “So why are you phoning me?”

“First I had planned to do it for weeks; I’ve missed my best friend! And second. I know this is selfish but I know you will know what to do.”

“I’ve missed you too! It’s horrible I wish you still lived near me in Ireland. And what’s wrong?” I could detect the worry in her voice. Even after all this time she would still help me in a heartbeat.

“Niall.” I heard her take in a deep breath and silence stretched out before us. She knew everything. Ty thought he knew everything but only Rissa and Em knew everything. They were basically my sisters.

“What about him?” She said nervously.

“I don’t know how but he found me and now he says he wants me back.” I sat up and leant against my head board my heart thumping. Tears were pricking at my eyes.

“Shit! What did he say?”

“He told me he wanted me back,” I breathed out and tried to calm my racing heart. If Niall wanted me back, I was screwed. He didn’t give up. Especially when it came to his prize.

“Oh my. Oh Libby,” she sighed.

“It’s Matt,” I chuckled dryly back.

“Huh?”

“I hate the name Liberty and all the nicknames so everyone calls me Matt now.”

“So you want me to call you that instead?” She laughed.

“Yes!” I laughed back.

“Fine then Matt,” she chuckled. “Why don’t you come back to Ireland for a bit? Show Niall you’re not scared of him and also I get to see you and help you better.”

“But…”

She knew what I was talking about. “Landon misses you.” She said quietly.

I laughed. “Landon? Missing me? You and I know that’s bullshit Ris.”