Chapter 17- FIGHT TO FALL

Start from the beginning

    A voice I had recognized as Lucas came from my left, where my head rested. His word's were a soft whisper as he spoke to Jason.

    I wasn't surprised to hear that the conversation was about me.

   Jason spoke in a soft voice.

        "I don't want her getting hurt... She's been through a lot with her kidnapping."

Lucas was silent for a moment. "I don't know how to help her. She has this beautiful personality that she keeps locked behind bars, I've only seen glimpses of it. "

Jason answered not long after.

    "If you even knew the half of what I was able to get out of her, you would understand why she keeps people out. She's never actually told me the full story."

   Lucas was quiet again.

    "What exactly happened? I know that she was gone for a week..." He paused. "I was so scared that she wasn't coming back."

He paused again.

    "I've had this crush on her since the fifth grade and I was too much of a coward to even approach her...I - I thought I lost my chance when she was gone."

Too late to go back to sleep now...

   Jason spoke next.

    "She made me swear not to speak of that week. I'm sure she may tell you something if she gets comfortable."  He paused. "I wouldn't get too close though...she's not fond of trusting people."

Lucas spoke again.

     "Maybe..." He paused. "I don't really know how to talk to her about that week. She seems to see me as a friend, now that we've gotten to know each other a little. I don't want to lose that..."

Jason spoke, still keeping his voice soft.
      " She's a tough one, I'll say that. I've never seen someone fight like her-given the circumstances."

      Jason paused, "I've grown to love having her around, she keeps the fight interesting."

   Jason ran a strand of my hair through his hand and I could sense the smile on his face as he spoke. Lucas laughed softly.

  "She has that effect on people."

     My head was spinning as I listened to them. I thought deeply about Lucas and Jason, zoning out of their conversation. I've grown to love them too... I want to let them in, even if it makes things harder to escape.

       With time, maybe I could trust them. With time, I might be able to tell them the truth.

             I just don't want them to get hurt because of me.

-

Unknown POV

     I counted the stack of money in my hand, stashing it in my pocket after I had made sure the amount was correct.

     It was nearly a week since I spoke with the him. Who? The one who just paid me, of course.

I don't like to hit girls.

     I needed the money to pay off the bills for my daughter, who had been ill a few months ago and I couldn't pass up the offer.

      He never told me his name and wore clothing that obscured his features.

      I'm not too sure what he held against such a beautiful girl, especially one as athletic as her.

    I suppose it probably had something to do with a boyfriend or something, and he needed to get someone back.

    Any way, it wasn't my job to ask questions. My job was to do as told, get paid, and forget about it.

     The fight wasn't too hard for me. She had some decent defense, yet with a strike to the head like that and with my strength, she had no chance of winning.

   I glanced behind me and noticed that he was already off quite a distance. He was the definition of shady.

  I thought about the money in my pocket and shrugged, walking off. Not my problem.

      Hopefully the poor girl is fine, yet I had other issues to worry about. I needed to do what was necessary to feed my family.

     If a shady guy, bend on revenge was willing to give me the money needed to do that, I wasn't gonna ask questions.

-

Hey readers!

The amazing banner for this chapter was made by weird_liv   I already have another cover in place for the chapter after this, yet I still have many chapters left to write and many older chapters without covers. If anyone is interested in making one, pm me and I'll send you some more info. The person who creates the cover will be mentioned in the chapter of their cover. :)

Also, I really like the song for this chapter, I feel it fits well with Lucas and Jason's role in Celeste's life. If you have any songs you think would go well with this story, leave them In the comments and maybe they will show up on a chapter... :)

Anyway, I apologize for the long wait...I can't believe how many reads and votes this story has been getting, I can only thank the amazing readers who chose to read this book! Thank you!

I'll try to update soon...things are going to start to getting complicated for Celeste... ;)