22//Winter Formal

Start from the beginning

"Says you! You look amazing, Criss." Said Allison with her killer smile as Jackson walked up behind her.

"Jackson, you look nice." Said Lydia as she stared at her ex with a small smile on her face. Jackson just scoffed and rolled his eyes, taking a swig of what Crystal recognised as Vodka.

"Obviously, it's Hugo Boss."

Then, the teenage boy took Allison by the arm and sauntered off towards the large school covered in twinkly lights.

"Dick." Muttered Crystal and Stiles as they glared at the back of the teenage boys head.

"I don't care, I don't want compliments; I will not fall prey to society's desire to turn girls in to emotional, insecure neurotics who pull up their dresses at the first flattering remark." Lydia spoke to herself as she turned away from Jackson's retreating figure.

"Well, I think you look beautiful," Said Stiles as he smiled gently at Lydia. As much as it made Crystal wince, she couldn't deny that Lydia is her beautiful, somewhat cold-hearted but amazing best friend.

"Really?" The redhead asked as she smiled in appreciation at the tall boy.

"Yes, Lydia. And you don't need any guy telling you that. Especially if it's Jackson." Said Crystal as she smiled softly at her best friend. Stiles, smiled to himself at Crystal's ability to cheer her best friend up.

"And this, Crystal Thomson, is why you are in fact my best friend." Lydia smirked as Crystal rolled her eyes and turned away from the couple, and began walking towards the school.

"Nope, never Crystal."

🌙

"This is horse shit."

Crystal sat along with Scott on the gym hall bleachers, almost hitting the hour mark as she stared at multiple couples dancing and smiling happily at their simple lives, not a worry in sight. Ever since Crystal arrived at the dance, she's been clouded with uneasiness and the overwhelming feeling of dread, as if something was telling her that something is going to go severely wrong. To be honest, there's a ninety-nine percent chance that something can go terribly wrong and everyone will most likely end up dead; or its just her paranoia and pent up anxiety taking its toll and making her feel on edge, but can you blame her with everything that's bombarded it's way in to her life recently? Not exactly.

Scott placed a hand on her continuous bouncing leg, causing her to whip her head around and stare at the boy.

"I can smell your anxiety, don't worry okay? I won't let anything happen tonight." The teen wolf assured her and gave her a soft smile.

"Ah, I'm guessing the werewolf genes now allows you to sense chemo signals... That's not weird at all."

Scott chuckled slightly and shook his head at the girls sarcastic remark. Scott couldn't help but think that's something Stiles would have come up with.

She doesn't know why, but somehow after knowing this boy for only a month, he's come to take the roll of a brotherly figure. Chuckling slightly, Crystal said, "Thanks Scotty."

"Do you think things will ever go back to normal?" Asked Crystal after a few moments of silence as she glanced at Scott.

The teenage werewolf bit his lip in thought and furrowed his eyebrows. "I hope so, but at the same time I feel that this is just the beginning."