Chapter 65:Piano is my remedy

*later*
Itami pov
I still felt a bit sad about leaving the island, but of course I wouldn't tell the guys. I really didn't want to leave, but I knew that I couldn't have stayed there forever.

It was my call. And we're continuing our adventure.

'Do we still have that piano?'

I went past the bedrooms, and unlocked the old piano room that we had. It smelt of dust & old books, like it hasn't been used for quite some time. I felt around for a light switch, and turned on the lights.

There in front of me, was a beautiful black piano. It still looked brand new, and hopefully might be in perfect playing condition. I brushed my fingers over the keys, and played a scale to check if it still sounded good.

'Sounds like it still makes good music.'

I sat down, and started to play whatever song comes to mind.

Ace pov
I was woken up by mysteriously beautiful piano music. It sounded like the person playing it was a professional. I grabbed my hat, and started to follow the music.

'Do we even have a piano? If we do, then I didn't even know.'

Soon, the piano started to wound together with singing. At that point, I knew immediately that that was Itami who was playing the piano. I smiled to myself, and eventually found myself outside the door where the piano is being played.

I quietly opened the door, and saw that Itami was indeed playing the piano. Her back was facing me, so she couldn't see that I was behind her. She finished playing a song, and started playing another one.

"Some people live for the fortune."
"Some people live just for the fame."
"Some people live for the power,"
"Yeah."
"Some people live just play the game."
"Some people think that the physical things,"
"Define what's within."
"And I've been there before."
"But that life's a bore."
"So full of the superficial."

"Some people want it all"
"But I don't want nothing at all."
"If it ain't got you baby."
"If I ain't got you baby."
"Some people want diamond rings."
"Some just want want everything."
"But everything means nothing."
"If I ain't got you,"
"Yeah."

"Some people search for a fountain."
"That promises forever young."
"Some people need three dozen roses."
"And that's the only way to prove you love them."
"Hand me the world,"
"On a silver platter."
"And what good would it be."
"With no one to share,"
"With no one who truly cares for me."

"Some people want it all."
"But I don't want nothing at all."
"If it ain't you baby."
"If I ain't got you baby."
"Some people want diamond rings."
"Some just want everything."
"But everything means nothing."
"If I ain't got you, you, you."

"Some people want it all."
"But I don't want nothing at all."
"If it ain't you baby."
"If I ain't got you baby."
"Some people want diamond rings."
"Some just want everything."
"But everything means nothing."
"If I ain't got you, yeah."

"If I ain't got you with me baby."
"So nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing."
"If I ain't got you with me, baby."

I smiled softly, and made a noise so that she can know that I'm in the room. Her head spun to me, and she smiled back at me.

"How long have you been there?"
"Long enough to know that my fiancé is a damn good piano player."
She blushed, and sheepishly scratched her cheek."I-I'm not that good..."
I sat down next to her."Itami you're a really good piano player, and that is final."
She chuckled."It sounds like you're patronizing me, Ace."

I kissed her forehead."I simply want to tell you how good you are at this."

The Opal wedding ring sparkled in the light, its multiple colours beaming at me. I grabbed her hand (the one with a ring), and kissed her hand gently.

"I can't keep myself calm about this...I still can't believe that you're my fiancé."I murmured
"I can't get that out of my head as well. Ace, I'm so excited about this. I'm so glad....that you think I'm the one fit for you."
I looked up at her with loving eyes."I've been trying to ask you for so long, but I was always so nervous that you'd say no..-in fact I was terrified."

She chuckled, and cupped my face, bringing me closer to her."There's no way that I would've turn you down. You're cute, handsome, and quite frankly, a man that I'll always love, even if you do something ridiculous & stupid. Ace, I can never turn you down, even if I'm dying in your arms, I'll never say no."

She leaned in closer to me.

"And do you know why I say all this? Well, its simple really...its because I love you."She whispered, before fully kissing me.

(A/N:Aaaaahhh...the cute...its killing me inside..see ya next chapter!)