Chapter 4:Fun in the jungle

(A/N:*cuddles Pooh bear Tsum Tsum* I fucking love my Tsum Tsum. They're like Disney characters turned into cute, cuddly & comfy sausage rolls)

Itami pov
Everyone practically ran into the dining hall as soon as I announced that I finished making breakfast.

"Wooh! Itami made breakfast!"
"Aww man I love eating her food! Its almost better than Thatch's cooking!"
"Through the heart guys.."Thatch mumbled

I giggled."You guys flatter me too much!"
"Well its true! You're talented!"
"Who cares about all of her haters! They obviously don't know who she is!"

'They're always so nice to me, its great.'

I grabbed some breakfast & sat down at a lone table. I stabbed the waffle with my fork & gobbled it up.

'Its sweet~!'

I blushed happily."Sweeeet~! Sugar is so good~!"

I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up & saw none other than Ace standing there awkwardly, his breakfast tray in his hands. I quickly swallowed the food that was in my mouth, and wiped away anything that was on my face.

"C-can I sit here?"He asked

'Do I really want him to sit here? No. But I should at least try to talk to him without sounding like a bitch.'

"Yeah, you can sit."I said
He sat down."Thank you, Itami."

'Hold up, thats the first time he ever said Thank you to me. And he said my name....why does it sound better when he says it? Am I turning crazy?'

"Uhm..Itami..I'm sorry that I've been a dick to you. I-um wanna be your friend."He stuttered
I blushed.

'What the fuck why am i blushing? I never blush from looking at a guy! What is he doing to me?!'

"U-um...s-sure I forgive you. I guess we sorta came off at the wrong foot, you know?"I said nervously
He smiled, making my heart melt."You're quite cute~!"
"S-shut up! You just surprised me..."I mumbled
He laughed."Sorry couldn't help myself. Anyway, I'm joining the crew now, and I just wanted to tell you that."
"R-really?"
"Yeah! Marco convinced me in joining anyway.."

'Why do I feel so happy about him joining?'

Ace pov
As we talked, I knew for a fact that Itami was definitely a nice, funny woman. All of those rumors about her are completely wrong. She isn't stuck up. She isn't a complete bitch. She isn't emotionless.

She's chatty. She's funny. She makes good food...and she has a heart of pure gold.

'Why do so many people hate her, when she's so nice & pretty? Maybe..maybe they're all jealous of her. I don't get why they should be. She's...flawless & beautiful.'

"Ne I have an idea."I said
"Hmm? What is it?"She asked
"Just before, I overheard that we'll be landing soon at a jungle island. Wanna do something?"I suggested
Her eyes lit up."Like what?"
I smirked."Something fun. Something that'll make your heart race."
She gave me a smirk."I'm in."

Itami pov
'That smirk is so...so.....ugh I can't think if a word to describe it! Its like a mixture of cute, hot & mischievous! Its making my heart race a little bit.'

After breakfast, we later landed at the Jungle island that Ace told me about. As soon as we docked, Ace & I took off running.

"Oooooi! Where are you two going, yoi?!"Marco yells
"I LEFT THE SHOPPING LIST ON MY BED!"I called

I heard Marco curse at me in the distance. We both laughed & soon ran through the bushes & trees. I ran on top of some trees, and started to swing on some vines.

Ace looked up & saw me swinging on the vines.
"What?!? Get back here!"He yelled
I laughed, grabbing onto another vine."Catch me if you can little boy~!"

Ace pov
'She wants to play, huh? Oh I'll play with her alright.'

I ran up some trees & swung on a vine. I soon started to move through the trees, and chased after her.

'It almost feels like we're flying.'

(A/N:I don't know why, but I imagine Itami swinging all gracefully 'n shit, and then Ace will be like, Tarzan or something)

Itami pov
He started to catch up to me. I knew that there was no way that I'll let him catch up, so I started to go faster.

But when I went to grab the next vine, it snapped in my hands, and I had already let go of the vine I was swinging on before. My eyes widened as I felt myself fall. I tried grabbing onto something, but my hands kept on slipping.

'No damn it I fucked up!'

I closed my eyes, waiting for the ground to not catch me. But instead of the hard, solid ground, I felt something grab onto me, and it felt like I was flying through the forest again.

"You okay?"Ace asked

I looked up to him, and felt myself blush a little bit. He was staring down at me with genuine concern. His hair was flowing in the wind.

'But more importantly, what kind of shampoo does he use? I want to use it. Haha anyway....I'm internally screaming, he looks handsome like this.'

"I-um...yeah. Thank you for saving me though."I said

He swung us onto a tree branch. We landed on safely on the branch, but I just..couldn't bring myself to let go of him. He felt so warm & strong. And he had a very sweet & spicy sent.

He was about to let go, but I didn't let him.

"I-Itami..-"
"No please..don't let me go. Please...I hardly get hugs anymore."I whimpered

So, he didn't move, and carries on hugging me. It felt nice to be hugged again. I missed it.

But really, why am I liking him hugging me? We only just become friends today.

Maybe I should-

'No..I still want to be held. Don't let me go please...'

Ace pov
She held me close, and had her head against my chest. In my arms, she felt so nice...comfortable even.

'But before, she begged me to not let go of her. She sounded so vulnerable & weak.'

She smelt nice as well, like cinnamon & raspberries. Not too sweet, and not too spicy, a perfect balance. Her hair felt nice & soft. And her fair skin was smooth.

But what really got me, was that I didn't wanna let go either.