Chapter 24:Hidden darkness

(A/N:Ahhh....last chapter was gruesome. Ah by the way, on Thursday & maybe Friday, I won't be updating because I will be flying back to New Zealand. Ugh I cannot believe im going back, I don't feel like going back really, because a week after i get back, i have school....ugh.)

Itam pov
We didn't tell the others what happened, and just said nothing else about it. I didn't wanna leave Ace alone. I was afraid that Ace will get himself hurt, so I stuck by his side.

"Are you okay, yoi?"Marco asked
"I'm fine...just tired thats all."I yawned
"You've been really weird since you two got back. You've been following him around, yoi."Marco said
"Oh...I just have this stupid feeling that someone will jump up & steal him away from me, thats all."I lied
Marco laughed."Okay okay...well if thats how you feel, then its okay, yoi. No one will try to steal him, we've already left the island anyway, so I doubt anyone could hide Ace anywhere, yoi."Marco said
"Yeah...you're right."

We watched the sun go down, and then we went back down to the others. I saw that Ace was happily chatting with the others as if nothing happened.

'How is he so calm?! There's no way that he's already over it..'

Ace pov
I went to the bathroom, and splashed some water on my face. I pushed back some of my hair, and stared at my reflection.

My eyes were a little bit bloodshot, and my face was a little bit pale. I looked sick.

'Why is it...that I let her do that to me? I'm so weak. I really am useless. And I'm disgusting. I let a woman touch me..and take away my virginity. Why does Itami stick around? She should know by now..that I'm not worth her time.'

I sighed, and had a shower. I felt weird as I washed my legs. The moment Marcy took me kept on playing over & over in my head. From her stripping my pants away..to finally lowering herself on me.

'Damn it get out of my head."I growled, finishing up my shower.

I dressed myself up, turned the light off, and laid down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, my breathing the only thing that I could hear.

I slowly fell asleep.

*dream*

"Aaaacccceeee~!"
"I'm sorry I'm that its hard Itami...just hold on!"I panted
"But darling...who are you talking about? Who is this Itami woman?"

My eyes widen as soon as I saw that it was a manniquin in my arms instead of Itami. I dropped it, and was suddenly tangled in a Spider web.

"You liar."Marcy's voice hissed

She was dwindling down to me in her Spider form. Her eyes were golden, and her lips were turned into a wicked, haunting smile. Her Spider body reverted back to her naked human body.

"You must be kidding. I'll always be with you...even if I'm dead, I'm right...behind you."

"NO STOP!"

*dream end*

I flung myself awake, and started panting.

'Oh god....only a dream. A dream...'

I pushed my hair back, and calmed myself down.

"Only a dream Ace....only a dream.."I told myself

I got out of bed, and decided to go for a drink of water. I silently walked past all the rooms, and found myself in the kitchen already. I grabbed a cup out, and made myself some water.

'Why can't I get this out of my head? Why can't she just go away?'

"Ace?"

I jumped, almost choking on my water. I turn & see Itami standing by the door way, a look of concern on her beautiful face.

"W-what are you doing?"I asked
"I can't sleep.."She sighed."What about you?"
"I...I had a nightmare."I stuttered

She sighed & walked up to me. She took my cup, and washed it for me, then took my hand, my heart rising in panic a bit.

"Come. You're with me tonight."She said

At first, I felt a bit reluctant, but then I thought:

'Why should I be scared? Its Itami...the one that I love. She wouldn't try anything.'

I started following her, still holding her hand. She lead me back to her room, and closed the door behind us. She turned on her bedside table lamp, and went on one side of the bed, while I took the other.

"Do you want the light on?"She asked gently
"Just for a small while, thanks."I said

I laid down next to her, and slowly cuddled into her. Her hand started to stroke my hair in a comforting way.

'So nice...maybe I should sleep here till things get right.'

"Itami."I called
She hummed in response.
"I love you, so much. I'm so glad that I have you with me."I said warmly
"I love you too, Ace. I'll always be here for you, for anything."She said to me

I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep, and soon, I was out.

Itami pov
Ace had fallen asleep cuddled up to me. I sighed, watching him sleep.

'Just as I thought, he hasn't gotten over it. But things like that are hard to live down. Ace...I'll always be with you. I'll do everything in my power to make you feel safe, and comfortable again.'

(A/N:next chapter is gonna time skip to when Ace is feeling better about things. I love you all my home slice!)