Chapter 70

Matt's POV

It was the wedding day and I can tell you I was a lot more excited for this wedding than I was for my own. I was a hell of a lot more relaxed about the whole thing and Brian was very relaxed as well. I guess that right there told me I was marrying the wrong girl, the fact that Brian was relaxed, looking forward to marrying Marty and I remember I felt nothing like that, all I felt was dread. But enough of that, that part of my life was done with, I was moving forward and I was doing that with the girl I should have been with all along.

"Ready?" Brian asked once we'd gotten ready and yeah I was ready.

I was excited to see my two friends get married, but I was also excited to see Lana. She wouldn't tell me about her dress so I was looking forward to seeing her, all dressed up. Last time I'd seen her like that was my wedding day and I remembered how she messed up my head, standing there, looking so fucking beautiful.

"Let's go." I said and we headed downstairs.

All the guests were there when we arrived and we made our way down the front, waiting for the girls. Brian was fidgeting and I guess he was beginning to feel a little nervous.

"You okay?" I whispered, leaning over.

He looked at me. "Well I'm not going to do a you Matt and leave."

"Well I would hope not." I whispered back.

"Yeah I actually want to get married."

I shook my head, I mean I eventually wanted to get married too, just not to Courtney.

"They're here." Marty's Mom screeched, running down the aisle to us and we both stood up straight as the music started.

I stood there and waited, and waited, before finally Lana appeared at the end of aisle. I looked at her and she looked terrified, terrified but beautiful. Her dark hair was down and I loved when she wore her hair down, her dress was beautiful, emerald green and that colour really suited her.

I watched her walk down the aisle, she looked down at her flowers, not at anyone, not at me and I could tell she was nervous, but I could also see that something else was wrong but I didn't know what.

I watched her throughout the ceremony, I couldn't pay attention, I found Lana to distracting, I just couldn't stop looking at her.

As soon as I could I went to her, telling her how beautiful she was and in typical Lana fashion she played my compliments down. That annoyed me sometimes, I just wished she believed me, when I said she was beautiful, when I told her I loved her, I just wanted her to believe me.

After the ceremony she disappeared but I knew what she was doing and when I went into the ladies restroom she was doing exactly what I thought she would be, staring at herself in the mirror.

I talked to her, I made her look at herself, see herself for the beautiful girl she was and I hoped she knew I meant it, when I told her I loved her I meant it because I did, I loved that girl like crazy.

Getting the photo's done was nice. We made our way to the beach and then to the ruins and it was just the four of us. Brian and I had a few beers, the girls had champagne, it was quiet and nice. I took the opportunity to get the photographer to take some pictures for me. I wanted some of Lana and I together, but I also wanted some random shots, of Lana being Lana and I knew he got them. I couldn't wait to see the results. I planned on putting a few of them in our new house. I was really excited about the house, I don't think Lana knew just how excited I was, but honestly I couldn't wait.

We made our way to the reception and when we arrived I was impressed. The hotel had turned the garden into the reception. They'd set up tables and chairs, a dance floor and there was even a band.

"This is so pretty." Lana said softly as we made our way to the table and I smiled, leaning over and kissing her.

"It is." I whispered.

I would eternally love Marty for going against tradition and allowing me to sit next to Lana at the bridal table. Lana wasn't aware of it, but I'd spoken to Marty about it and thank god she'd agreed.

"We're next to each other." Lana said, smiling and sitting down.

"So we are." I said, pulling out my chair and sitting next to her.

I slipped my arm across her shoulders as a waiter came over, placing a champagne in front of Marty and Lana and beer for Brian and I.

"Well." I said quietly, so only us at the table could hear. "Congratulation's guys, may your life together be happy and you produce loads of kids." And I raised my glass.

'Woah." Brian said laughing. "Drop the kids part."

"I agree." Marty said, raising her glass. "No to the kids, but I just want to say thank you to you two, for sharing this day with Bri and I, it means so much to us."

"Oh Marty." Lana said hugging her and there were tears again.

I watched as Lana dug around in her little purse and pulled out more tissues.

"Oh god." She said turning to me. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"It's okay." I murmured, pulling her closer and kissing the side of her face.

I liked it, I liked seeing Lana get emotional, she was always so closed, she always had been and maybe if she wasn't like that I would have known how she felt about me so much sooner.

It was a nice night, a really nice night. We laughed, we ate, we danced and I enjoyed it, especially with Lana by my side. It ended up being a late night so by the time we got back up to our room it was nearly 3am and we were exhausted.

"I'm so tired." Lana said as soon as we walked into the room.

"Me too." I told her, heading to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

Lana made her way into the bedroom and I followed her.

"Can you unzip me?" She asked me, turning around.

I put my water down and placed my hands on her shoulders, turning her around to face me.

"I just want to look at you one last time." I murmured, kissing her. "You really look beautiful Lana."

"So do I normally look like shit?" She murmured against my lips.

I smiled. "Always a smart ass." I whispered. "No you know no matter what you wear, or look like, to me you're beautiful."

She smiled and kissed me and I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer.

"Can I take this dress off now?" She whispered and I nodded.

"Yeah you can baby." I murmured. "And then I'm going to show you just how beautiful I think you are."

"Okay." She said turning around. "But you might have to show me a few times, I mean I might not get it the first time."

"Oh Lana." I murmured, unzipping her dress. "I can show you as many times as you need."

We didn't get to sleep until the sun came up.