Chapter 15

Lana's POV

Matt was pissing me off. Apparently my life was a joke to him and I wasn't sure why he felt the need to make a joke out of Nick wanting to go out with me. I knew I was hideous and below him but did he have to be such an ass about.

Maybe I overreacted a bit by saying I didn't want to be in his wedding but I was getting sick of his attitude. I already felt devastated that he was getting married, he didn't have to rub my nose in it.

I went inside to the bedroom and slammed the door for effect, then I threw myself on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I heard the door open and I groaned. Couldn't he just leave me alone?

"Lana." Matt said, throwing the door open. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing." I snapped back at him.

"I mean you're carrying on about this best man thing like it's a bad thing."

"Ugh, it's not a bad thing okay." I mumbled, feeling bad for him. It wasn't his fault I was in love with him.

"Can we please stop arguing?" He said in a softer voice, sitting on the side of the bed. "Please."

"Well stop pissing me off." I mumbled, looking down at my phone because now I felt bad about what I'd said.

"Lana." He said and I looked up at him. Did he have to be so fucking adorable? "I'm just...." And suddenly my phone rang, cutting him off.

Matt watched me as I put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey gorgeous." Nick said and I couldn't help but smile at his sweetness. "What are you up to?"

"Well." I said and I could feel myself blushing. "I'm currently up at Big Bear with some friends."

"Sounds fun." He said. "So when are you going to be back in town?"

"Um." I said glancing at Matt. "Probably a few days, but I'll call you when I get back." Matt rolled his eye's at me and huffed, moving himself on the bed.

"Yes please, I really want to see you again." Nick said and I smiled, it was a nice thing to say.

"And I want to see you." I told him and I think I did. I'd meant it when I said I was going to try and make it work.

Matt cleared his throat and I looked at him. He raised his eyebrow's, giving me a hurry up look.

"Anyway I have to go." I told Nick, glaring at Matt. "So I'll call you when I get back."

"I'm looking forward to it." Nick said.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up, looking at Matt.

"Was that loverboy?" He asked and I shook my head at him.

"Why are you so rude?" I demanded and he looked shocked.

"I'm not being rude Lana, you've met someone, that's great." He said quickly. "Now can we get back to talking about the wedding?"

"Fine, whatever." I told him but the way he'd said that last statement seemed a little condescending to me.

"Damn Lana." He said softly. "I feel like I'm losing you, I don't know, what's happening?"

I looked at him, surprised that he felt it too. "Of course you're not losing me." I lied, because we were drifting apart and I hated it.

"I'm just so nervous about this wedding and I want you there Lana." He said quietly. "No, I need you there with me."

"And I'll be there Matt." I whispered because now I felt like crying, I  might be in love with him, but he was my best friend and he needed me.

"I mean you can wear a dress, the nicest dress you can find, just be there with me."

"Matt." I said moving closer to him. "I will be there."

"Good." He said hugging me and I closed my eye's, it felt so nice. "I mean you don't even have to be my best man Lana, you can be my bridesmaid."

"Bridesmaid." I giggled.

"Yes bridesmaid, I will have a bridesmaid instead of a best man." He said, squeezing me tighter.

"Okay fine, I'll be your bridesmaid." I told him pulling away to look at him. Fuck he was so beautiful.

"Good." He said planting a kiss on my nose. "So please Lana, promise me." He said. "Promise me we'll always be friends."

"Oh Matt." I said softly, touched.

"No I'm serious, promise me." He said again, looking down at me.

"Okay I promise." I said to him even though it was a lie, we wouldn't be friends forever, I could guarantee we wouldn't be friends a few weeks past his wedding.

"Good. Now." He said smiling at me. "I want to go for a swim, if we're going to stay a few days I want to have fun and hang out."

"That sounds good." I said and it did.

"Now let's go swim."

"Wait." I said, having a sudden thought. "If I'm your bridesmaid slash best man does that men I get to organise your bachelor party?"

He laughed. "Yeah I guess it does."

I smiled, already planning it my head. "That is the best news I've heard yet." Oh I had plans, big plans, alcohol, Vegas, strippers, the whole lot.

"Good." He said opening the bedroom door. "Now get out while I get changed."

"Fine." I murmured walking out and closing the door behind me.

I stood there waiting for him to get change and I started thinking. I was being selfish, I really was and yes he was getting married and it hurt, but from now on I wasn't going to let my feelings get in the way, I was going to try my hardest to keep this friendship going even after he was married. Yes, it was going to hurt, probably a lot, a whole lot, but I needed Matt and I'd miss him if he wasn't in my life.