Chapter 94

Martina's POV

"So what are you doing today?" I asked Brian as he walked out of the shower with just a towel around his waist.

"Ugh." He groaned. "Matt and Zack insist on playing golf. I fucking hate golf, you know I hate golf."

"Well don't go." I told him laughing, secretly hoping he goes.

"Yeah but beers after." He said smiling. "I'm only going for the beers."

I shook my head. He could complain all he wanted but I knew he lived for these Tuesdays, these guy days, where they all got together, I knew they all lived for their Tuesdays.

"Of course you are." I laughed, kissing him.

"Marty, don't." He murmured against my lips. "I don't want to be late."

"Fine." I whispered, turning and heading out into the living room, waiting for him to be ready.

"Okay babe, I'm going." He said coming out and shoving his wallet in his pocket. "Not sure what time I'll be home."

"It's fine." I said. I had things I needed to do myself, without Brian around.

"What are you doing?" He asked, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm going to go and see how Lana is." I whispered, kissing him.

"Huge Marty, I would imagine she's huge." He smirked.

I hit him. Poor Lana, it wasn't her fault this baby was being stubborn and was overdue. "Stop it."

"Fuck don't tell Matt I said that." He said laughing. "Anyway babe, I'll see you tonight."

He kissed me softly and I walked him to the door, waving as he left.

Right, I thought, closing the door. I went into our room, pulled on a dress and grabbed my purse.

I hadn't lied, I was going to Lana's, I just needed to make a stop on the way.

I got what I wanted and I arrived at Lana's in record time, ringing the doorbell.

"Marty." She said smiling. "You should have told me you were coming."

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She really was huge and in true Lana style she had basically nothing on.

"Does Matt know you answer the door in your underwear Lana?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows and smiling.

"I don't care what Matt thinks at this point in my life Marty." She sighed, closing the door behind me. "Do you want a drink?"

"I'd love a coffee." I said, following her into the kitchen. "Are you okay?" I asked as Lana paused for a moment, grabbing onto the door frame.

"Yeah." She said tiredly. "I'm just really uncomfortable at this stage."

I could understand why. Carrying a baby had to be hard work.

"So." I said smiling at her as she sat awkwardly in a chair. "I have this." And I reached into my purse, pulling out a pregnancy test.

"Marty." Lana whispered, looking at me with wide eye's. "Really?"

"Yes." I said, starting to cry. "This time I think so, I really do."

"Well what the fuck are we waiting for." She cried, jumping up, then stopping to wince and grab her belly.

"Lana are you sure you're okay?" I was starting to feel a little concerned.

"Yes, come on." She said grabbing my arm. "You have a stick to pee on."

Lana virtually pushed me in the bathroom and I did what I had to do, then we returned to the kitchen to finish our coffee's, waiting for the five minutes.

"It's time." Lana announced, standing up and smiling. "Ow fuck." She muttered under her breath.

"Lana......" I started but she cut me off.

"This baby won't be still." She said quickly, waving my concern away. "Now let's go."

I followed her as she walked into the bathroom and once again she paused for a moment. Something wasn't right, I just knew it.

"Look." She said turning to smile at me, holding the stick up.

Two lines. Holy shit. I was pregnant. Finally I was pregnant.

I looked at Lana and burst into tears.

"Oh Marty." She sobbed and I realised she was crying.

I'm not entirely sure what happened next, all I know is that we were both standing there crying and the next thing a big gush of fluid hit the floor.

"Oh fuck." I said looking down with wide eye's. "Lana."

"Oh shit." She whispered and when I looked up at her she was grimacing.

"How long?" I asked her, leading her into the bedroom.

She shook her head. "I don't know Marty, I started getting a few pains last night."

Last night! Jesus fucking Christ. "Fuck Lana." I said sitting her on the bed. "You've been in labour and didn't tell anybody." And I knew there was no way Matt would have left her if he knew.

"Well I didn't know what was happening." She cried, closing her eye's and biting her lip.

"Okay, it's okay." I said, trying to calm her down. "How far apart are your contractions?" Thanking god that I had a little knowledge about pregnancy.

She shook her head, wiping away her tears. "I don't know Marty." She sobbed. "A minute, maybe two, all I know is that it hurts." And she put her chin on her chest, grimacing again.

Great, just great, I thought to myself, getting up and running out to my purse, grabbing my phone, she was going to give birth here.

I dialled Brian's number while going to Lana's closet, grabbing her already packed bag and a dress.

"Fuck." I yelled, why the fuck was he not answering. "Here." I said, helping Lana pull her dress on and retrying Brian again.

I stood there and watched as Lana stood up, bending over the bed, closing her eye's.

"Don't you have this baby." I snapped. I was feeling a little overwhelmed and scared. "Come on." I told her, grabbing her arm and her bag.

I stopped and grabbed my purse, leading Lana to my car and helping her in.

"Fuck why won't he answer." I cried, getting in. I looked over at Lana and she didn't look so hot, she had her eye's closed and she was panting.

Fuck this, I thought dialling Matt.

"Marty." He answered virtually straight away.

"Thank god." I cried. "Where the fuck is my idiot husband, I've been trying to call him."

"He's a hole in front and his phone is in my cart." He explained.

"Ow ow ow ow ow." Lana started crying.

"Is that Lana?" Matt asked, sounding concerned.

I looked at Lana, she brought her knees up to her chest and closed her eye's.

"Lana what are you doing?" I screamed. "Don't fucking push, you're not having this baby in a car."

"Jesus Marty what the fuck." Matt yelled down the phone at me.

"Move your ass Matthew." I snapped. "This baby ain't waiting." And I hung up on him.

I threw the car into drive, trying to concentrate on driving and listening to Lana moan softly.

Dear god, do not let this baby be born in my car.