- Sixteen -

Chanyeol POV

As I laid on the couch (both beds were infected by Baekhyun germs) awake in the middle of the night, I realized something. It'd been bothering me for a long time, a really long time. Since high school. I think.

I guess I'm tired of denying it. There's no doubt I feel an attraction towards guys (but that doesn't necessarily mean girls don't catch my attention either).

I feel much better now that I've admitted it to myself, like a big weight has been taken off my chest. But then there was uncertainty, too.

Not my family. No, they probably knew it long before I did. Particularly Yoora. Definitely Yoora. And I guess parents really do know their children better than their children do themselves. All those looks they'd give me whenever I had guy friends over. Like 'Ohoho you go baby Chanyeol, get some wink wonk.'

No. What pushed me into accepting that I was not as straight as I tried to be? Well, I definitely knew the answer to that.

And I'm sure you do, too.

Great, now I'm thinking to myself, imagining that there's another person watching my struggles right now.

Anyway, the answer goes by the name of Byun Baekhyun. What Yoongi said was true, Baekhyun really is irresistible.

But I knew how to control myself, thank goodness for that. What worries me is that Baekhyun won't...feel the same way.

Now I'm not saying he's not gay or anything. I mean, have you seen the way he applies eyeliner? Not to mention, the way he acts and his personality is just-- ugh.

No, I'm not saying that at all. Nor am I implying that I actually have "feelings" towards him, other than a slight attraction. Wanting. Infatuation.

I just don't want anything to be awkward or change for the worse between us if I happen to slip up and let everything out. Quite the problem I have, and it's only...2 o' clock in the morning. I guess I should get some sleep so I'll have a clear mind tomorrow.

But then I remembered the night Baekhyun was drunk and my eyes are wide open again.

'Damn it, Baekhyun...'

-

I woke up to the sound of Baekhyun groaning, again. Still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I shuffled over to him and asked him what was wrong.

"I'm sick of being sick. Chanyeol make it go away," he moaned, a whiny edge to his tone. "My body aches and it's hot but then it's cold and my eyes hurt when I open them and my head is pounding and my throat hurts like a motherfucker right now."

I ran my fingers in my hair, frowning when they got caught in a knot. My neck hurts and so does my back from sleeping on the fucking couch last night and I'm really tired, but you don't hear me complaining (out loud) do you, Baekhyun?

"That's a shame," I pulled my hand from my hair and walked to the bathroom, ignoring Baekhyun's further complaints. I went about my normal morning routine, getting ready for class. I was feeling well enough so I had to attend.

After dressing and making sure I had all my things, I stopped by Baekhyun again, who was still lying on my bed. He glared at me and crossed his arms across his chest with a pout. He'd managed to prop himself up against a few pillows.

"Why do you have to go, I don't want to be stuck here alone," he grumbled, "I'll die of boredom. And sickdom." I resisted the urge to laugh at him.

"I'll explain to the professors why you're out of class today. There's leftover chicken soup in the fridge, just warm it up and eat it when you get hungry. There's also fruits, already cut and washed so you can just eat 'em," I set several water bottles on the nightstand next to him, within arm's reach, "And here's plenty of water. Make sure you drink a lot."