- Eight -

Baekhyun POV

I went out to look for Chanyeol, but I had no freaking idea where the library was. Usually, there should be signs directing me wherever I needed to go but for some reason, the janitor had taken all the signs down "to clean them," he says.

Now I'm lost in this great big school and I forget to bring my dorm key, too! That's just great.

I walked around for a little more until I found my way outside, at the school park. Oh, what's that I see? Park Chanyeol, sitting beneath a tree! I jogged over to him and stopped when I was a good distance away. He was leaning against the tree and his eyes were closed so I assumed he was sleeping.

Well, he has the dorm key so it looks like I'll need to wake him up. Plus it's getting kind of late and I don't want him to be out here at night since it's dangerous. I quietly walk over and squat down beside him, checking to see if he really is asleep and not just pretending.

It seems like he is. I poke his cheek and he stirs, his eyes opening slightly and looking around before stopping at me. "What do you want?" He sighs tiredly and turns over, lying on the ground while using his arm as a pillow.

"You need to get back to the dorm, it's late. You can sleep there," I tell him, hoping he'll actually get up. Chanyeol groans and pushes himself up to a sitting position. He rubs his eyes with his closed fist, looking just like a little kid.

I have the sudden urge to ruffle his hair...so I do. Let me just say, it was really soft and smooth. I think Chanyeol was still half-asleep, though, because he actually leaned into my hand.

"Yah, let's go now," I poked his forehead and his eyes shot open. He uses the tree to help him stand up and quickly walks away, I'm assuming he's going back to the dorm. I get up and hurry after him, not wanting to be left outside alone at night.

Chanyeol notices me walking beside him and walks even faster. Curse his long legs! I'm practically jogging to keep up with him now!

"Hey could you slow down a bit? I'm getting really tired," I huffed, trying to breathe properly as I continued jogging beside him.

"And why would I do that?" Chanyeol turned and scoffed at me before walking even faster. Oh shit, why am I seeing black spots? I feel like I can't breathe...I'm pretty sure I don't have asthma, though.

"P-please, slow down," I heaved as I clutched my chest. It hurts to breath now. Chanyeol turned to look at me again and his eyes widened in shock.

That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out and fell to the ground.

-

I woke up to hushed murmurs and worries whispers. I opened my eyes and looked around the white room. Wait...white room? Am I in a hospital?!

I try to sit up but someone pushes me back down. "Oh no sweetie you might want to rest for just a little bit longer, and adjust," a kind nurse told me.

"Am I in a hospital?" I ask because that's the only thing that really matters to me at the moment.

"No, you're in the school clinic," a deep voice startles me and I look to see Chanyeol sitting on the other side of the bed I'm currently in.

"The school clinic looks an awful lot like a hospital...," I mutter, looking down at the clean, white sheets.

"Anyway, do you know why you're here?" Chanyeol asks and nods at the nurse, who clicks her pen and grabs her clipboard.

"Uh...no. All I remember is looking for you, then finding you under a tree, and then we headed back to the dorm...did I walk into a wall or something?" I wonder. That would've been really embarrassing if I did.

"No. I was speed-walking, and you were trying to keep up but then you suddenly fainted. Do you have asthma?" Chanyeol fiddles with his fingers, looking extremely guilty.

"I'm almost positive I don't have asthma...," I say and the nurse clicks her pen again.

"Luckily for you, you have a very small case. You do have asthma, but it's not severe. You just need to take it easy. Today, you had an attack due to stress, exhaustion, and physical activity...most likely. So just...relax, alright?" She smiled warmly and I nodded.

"You're also lucky this man brought you in, otherwise who knows what might've happened to you out there," she shivered, "Anyway, you are free to go. Have a lovely night, and rest well!" With that, she left, leaving me alone with Chanyeol.

I swung my legs out of bed and stood up, but had to sit back down to regain my balance. Chanyeol stood up and held my arm, his eyes filled with worry when I looked at him.

"Are you okay? I'm really sorry for being such a jerk earlier, I just--'

"It's alright, I'm fine," I waved my hand and stood up again. I noticed Chanyeol's bandage was unwrapping, so I took bold of his arm and grabbed a roll of bandages. "I'll just change it quickly."

I unwrapped it the rest of the way, and smiled when I saw that it was already healing. I rewrapped it and tossed the roll back where it was. "Alright, let's go." I looked at Chanyeol and gestured towards the door.

He went over and opened it for me as I walked out, how kind of him. We walked back to our room silently, but it didn't feel like an awkward silence. We were just deep in our thoughts.

Occasionally, I could feel Chanyeol's eyes on me and I'd look up at him. Our eyes would meet sometimes and we'd look away quickly. Those were probably the only uncomfortable moments.

Before I knew it, we were in front of our door. Chanyeol took his key from his pocket and unlocked it, then stepped to the side to let me go in first. Okay, he's being unnaturally kind.

I went in and hurried to get my pajamas. "I'm taking a shower," I blurted out and dashed into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door after I closed it. I ran my fingers through my hair and heaved a sigh.

I'm not sure why, but Chanyeol being nice seems really, really strange. Not in a bad way but...I don't know, it just feels funny. I yanked my shirt off and frowned.

Not again...

~

Ohoho~ What could've happened "again"? :3 Okay, the shorter chapters are going to start fading out. I'm going to write longer chapters now because I just realized how short each update actually is XD So yeah, hope you don't mind. Please read each chappie to the end, is all I have left to say ^^ Feel free to correct, comment, vote, and share!

View goal: 50
Vote goal: 10 (if you see that this chappie is at 9 votes and you're reading this, go ahead and click vote, or that little ☆ :3 Please?)
Comment goal: Whatever, comment if you feel like it -.-

♡DangoGalaxy