"Criminal charges?" Kaidan asked, confused. "Ithought they were being charged with assault?"

"Laws have changed a bit this past year." Anderson said,resuming his formal tone. "All incidents involving biotic use against another living being has been brought under military jurisdiction. Unless the offender is an Alliance officer performing in the line of duty, all biotic use is taken very seriously."

"But... I..." Kaidan stammered, squirming uncomfortably in his seat. Was he in trouble? What the hell was this?

"Mr. Alenko?" Anderson asked. Taking in Kaidan's sudden tension, understanding dawned. "Oh, sorry Alenko, I didn't mean you. From what I understand you were doing everything you could notto use your abilities against those men last night. They're the ones facing criminal charges. Your testimony will help us do that."

"Oh. Okay, well that's good I guess." He sighed,relieved.

"However," Anderson continued, his voice taking on a more serious tone. "It brings up a question I've wanted to ask you since I first heard about this incident. I assure you it has nothing to do with what transpired last night. Those men you were unfortunate enough to cross were already under investigation for other suspicious activities. We've been watching them for some time, but recent events have given us all we need to arrest and prosecute them."

"I see." Kaidan said, unsure why Anderson was sharing this with him. "Well I'm glad to help sir."

"Indeed." Anderson replied, thoughtful. "At any rate, we suspect they may be connected to a new underground pro-human group and red sand trafficking. Anyways, let's get your testimony taken care of so we can move on. I have something else I want to discuss with you."

Kaidan nodded in agreement as Anderson activated his omni-tool and stepped around his desk to be closer to him. "Just repeat what you told Spectre T'Pelo into my omni-tool and we can get this over with."

Moments later Anderson was back behind his desk watching him thoughtfully. Catching Aryana's eye, he nodded to her that she was not longer needed. With a shrug, she bowed out and left the room.

"So. Mr. Alenko." Anderson began, leaning his elbows onhis desk and leaning forward.

"Sir?" He was already more than uncomfortable with how everything had played out. The fact that Anderson had shared what he suspected was highly classified information about suspects he knew nothing about, had raised the hairs on his neck. Anderson was leading up to something and Kaidan somehow knew he wasn't going to like it.

"Now that's out of the way, we've come to the real reason I wanted to meet with you today. " He said, his face unreadable.

Here it comes, Kaidan thought darkly. His past, his crimes, BAat, Conatix... all of it. Dammit all to hell. He braced himself. He didn't want to talk about this with anyone, never mind an Alliance officer.

"Sir." Kaidan began, wanting nothing more than to get out of this office as quickly as possible. "I think I know whatthis is about and I really don't want to get into it."

"Do you now?" Anderson interrupted. "As it happens I can assure you this has nothing to do with the unfortunate incident that occurred at Jump Zero."

"I..." Kaidan stammered, his face flushing.

"Relax son. I apologize for my subterfuge but it's obvious what happened there weighs on you. When Spectre T'Pelo mentioned your name last night I was surprised when I recognized it. I assure you this meeting has nothing to do with that. Well, not directly anyways..."

"I... what?" Kaidan said, confused.

"I didn't do a background check on you or anything of that nature." Anderson continued. "I was part of the crew that cleaned up what happened that day. I was in charge of getting the students sent home and the staff reassigned. But as I said before,it's not what I want to discuss. However, I will say that what happened was handled very badly by everyone involved. Vyrnus' death was never your fault. I may serve the Alliance, I don't agree with how they let the blame for what happened fall to you and you alone.Unfortunately, I didn't have the authority to change or influence any of it."