Chapter 106

So here is the next chapter. Pardon any mistakes. I will go back and edit it sometime tonight or tomorrow. I'm posting it the way that it is, just because I feel bad for keeping you all waiting for so long.

Liddy's POV

"The photographer and his assistant are ready any time you are, Lid to start taking the candid photos of us helping you get into your dress and veil." Liz happily announces.

"Finally." Melissa exclaims, jumping up from her chair. "I've been sitting here going crazy. I can't wait to finally see you in your dress."

"Us, too." Shelley laughs while pointing to Jan and herself.

I smile brightly as I look around the room at my excited friends. They all look beautiful in their simple yet elegant, strapless black gowns; each dress identical except for Liz's, which has a slim silver sash distinguishing her as my maid of honor.

Like me they all have their hair pulled back and styled into various up dos. It allows the bridesmaid gifts I gave them, teardrop earrings and matching necklaces made of rhinestones, to stand out. Their black lace masks, each slightly different, will complete the regal feel I wanted for my wedding.

"Hey Liz, before you run out and let Thom and Kay know we're ready I want to take a second to thank each of you from the bottom of my heart, for being such incredible and supportive friends. I NEVER could have pulled this wedding off without you guys. You've helped me to decorate pumpkins, assemble party favors, work on centerpieces, set up the church and Lord knows what else." I chuckle. "I can't begin to tell you how much that means to Hunter and I. We love you all so much. Thank you for sharing our special day with us."

"Awe Lid, what are you doing getting all sentimental? You're going to make me cry." Melissa states.

"Me too." Jan adds as she reaches into her clutch for a handkerchief.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for everyone to get all weepy. I can take it all back if it will help." I jest.

Everyone laughs and the mood in the room lightens instantly. I watch Liz as she slips out the door, to inform the photographers that we're all set, while the rest of my bridal party gathers around to hug me.

When she returns she has Lynette and Harper with her.

"Lids, Lids.... look at me! I a pincess!!" Harps cries as soon as she sees me.

"Oh my goodness, you certainly are, sweetie." I proclaim as I pick her up and spin her around causing her to giggle.  "You are just beautiful."

"Daddy tinks toe, too."

"I bet he does." I say as I kiss her on the tip of her nose and smile for Kay, our photographer, while she tries to capture this perfect moment.

"How's Hunter doing, Lynette?" Jan asks.

"He's a bit nervous, but mostly excited. He can't wait to see you in your gown, Liddy. I caught him trying to pry details out of Harper, earlier."

"No way! That little sneak." I laugh. "I'm going to have to have a little chat with him about that. Has anyone seen my phone?"

"It's right here, next to mine." Liz indicates before passing it to me.

"Don't be too hard on him, Lid. I already made him feel pretty guilty." Lynette grins.

"I'll try not too." I laugh. "Kay, is it going to throw you too off schedule if I take a minute to call my fiancé and razz him?"

"Not at all. Razz away. I'll just start taking some candid photos of Liz and the rest of your bridal party."