Chapter 17

1 month later

Hunter's POV

I can't believe we've been touring for a month already. Time really does fly when you're having fun. It's been amazing having Harper here with me. This is the first tour that I have been on where I am not missing someone back home. I'm able to focus on what I need to do without any concerns. I give Liddy full credit for making this work. She has been an incredible nanny for Harper. I never have to worry about my baby girl when she's with Liddy. I know Harper is safe, taken care of and loved.

Unfortunately, since that night a few weeks ago when I found myself unable to trust Liddy with details from my past, she's been acting differently towards me. She no longer jokes and rarely looks me in the eyes any more. I spend most of my evenings, after Harper's fallen asleep, on the other bus, with the guys just jamming. That was a suggestion she made, under the pretense that I looked like I needed more male bonding time. I know the real reason she suggested it was to avoid having to spend time alone with me.  

I'm miserable with how cold and aloof she is towards me. I want us back the way we use to be. When we laughed and joked and just felt comfortable around each other. I want to be friends, again. Talking with super nanny Liddy just isn't the same. I know I need to talk with her and try to make things better between us. The problem is finding the time to do it. I wish I could talk with her this weekend, but I can't because she's taking Harper to Nashville to visit Renee.

"Hey there punkin, you'll be going to stay at your mom's for a few days. Isn't that awesome!" I fake excitement even though I am dying inside. This will be my first true weekend away from Harper. Other times that she has been with Renee, she's  just been on the other side of town. Only a 20 min drive away. This time she'll be in Nashville while I am touring Irvine and San Diego, CA.

"Daddy, I don't want to go." Harper says with the saddest eyes.

"Why, baby girl?'

She hugs Jazzy extra tight. "I'll miss you and Cole and Lids."

I pick her up and twirl her around, this makes Harper laugh. "Cole and I will miss you, too. Liddy will be going with you to Nashville and bringing you back here after your visit with your mom." I give her a big hug. "Guess what else? You and Liddy get to ride on a plane together isn't that great!" ...........

Liddy's POV

Wow, I've been on the road with Hunter and Harper, for 4 weeks. It's been a bit challenging trying to set up a routine with a 21 month old on a bus, but we are making it work. I've even started potty training Harper. I am really proud of her and how well she's doing. Heck, I am proud of all of us. The band, Hunter, even Betsy have all pitched in and taken turns running Miss Harper to the bathroom when she suddenly yells "Potty."

I wish I felt as good about how things are going with Hunter as I do with Harper.

From an employer/employee stand point we are doing great, but that's as far as it goes. Since I discovered Hunter's lack of trust in me, I've distanced myself from him. I've avoided looking at him, joking with and being alone with him. I was hoping this would somehow make things easier for me, but all it's done is make me feel awkward around him, now.