•29•

Lexi・
"You and Cameron are getting serious," Nash said out of nowhere.

I snatched his bag of chips." We are not, you're delusional." I replied as I took a handful of chips.

He snatched them back." I am not, you two are like...intimate."

I rolled my eyes." Okay sure, but that doesn't mean we are serious."

"I heard you guys last night." He laughed. What the fuck.

"We were watching friends! We weren't doing anything you nasty!" I yelled, laughing. He rolled his eyes and I threw a pillow at him.

"You're disgusting." I muttered to myself. He glared at me as Jacob came in.

"What're you guys fighting about this time?" He asked, flipping down next to me.

"Nash claims that Cameron and I are "intimate" and that we did the deed last night." I said.

"Nash," Jacob face palmed." There is nothing "intimate" about Cameron and Lexi. Literally he tries to hug her and she calls him a touchy sack of flesh."

We both erupt in laughter even though it's true.

We stopped talking and turned our attention back to the television.

"Hey there sweetie." Cameron said to me as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hi." Nash replied. We both looked at him before breaking into laughter.

"So, would you like to go out to dinner tonight?" He asked, hovering above me.

"Casual or fancy?" I asked." Fancy."

"I'll have to check my schedule. I booked all night with absolutely nothing but I guess I could squeeze you in." I joked.

"Great, be ready by seven."

*
*
*

I put on a simple, but classy, outfit for my date with Cameron tonight.

Flower pattern skater skirt
White baggy knit sweater
White pumps

Honestly this was our first fancy dinner date and although we've been together for months, I'm nervous.

He's been acting weird and I feel like it has something to do with me.

"Ready to go?" He asked from the doorframe. He had a suit and tie on, and honestly he looked sexy.

I grabbed my purse." Let's go." As we left, the boys whistled at us as we passed by.

"Where are you two going all dolled up?" Sammy cooed.

"Out to dinner. See you guys later!" Cameron told them before giving me a little shove out the door.

"Use protection!" Mahogany yelled. I rolled my eyes and got into Cameron's car.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked him

"A great little french restaurant. They've got great appetizers so don't bother with a Neal because they aren't as great." He informed me.

I nodded, intrigued.

He drove a couple minutes into town and pulled into a small restaurant.

We went inside and the ceiling was glass with glowing lights and white furnishing.

"This place looks amazing." I whispered to Cameron.

He gave my hand a squeeze." Only the best, for the best." He said and kissed my cheek. Honestly Cameron spoils me but he does it out of love and I admire him for that.

"Reservations for Dallas." He told the man at the pew.

He led us to our table and Cameron pulled out a chair for me.

"How on earth did you swing this? This place looks so expensive." I asked.

"I pulled some favors with Nash but he can repay me later." He chuckled.

The waiter brought us water and gave us menus.

"What do you recommend?" I asked.

"The sweet breads and onion tartlets." He replied.

"You know," he said." You're undoubtedly the most beautiful girl in the world." He took my hand from across the table.

"You have the most incredible smile and the most dazzling eyes." He added.

"You're the sweetest thing." I blushed a little." I love you."

"I love you too."

The waiter came and Cameron ordered for both of us.

*
*
*

"Why are they called sweet breads if they taste neither like what they say they are?" I asked, chewing slowly, as we left the restaurant with our left over tinfoil.

"It's cow pancreas." He chuckled. I started gagging and coughing as soon as he said the words.

"Ew! Why-why would you make he eat that!" I gagged.

"I'm sorry baby, I thought you'd like it." He apologized.

"It's fine. I'll get you back sooner or later anyway." I joked.

We got back in the car and he drove to a little park.

When he pulled into a park, I gasped and rushed out of the car before he could park.

The trees were covered in lights and they hung over a small pond.

"D-did you do this?" I stuttered. I was in complete awe; it was magnificent.

He nodded and grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him. He wrapped his jacket around me and swayed me as if there were music.

I never really saw him as this much of a romantic bit something tells me that the boys and mahogany helped him with this.

I was surprised he did all this, considering today isn't a special day; unless it is and I forget.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked." Anything." I decided to play along in case he mentions an anniversary.

"I love you so much. I can't imagine a world without you and I can't imagine not being with you. I almost lost you in that car accident, and I know what happened with Leo, but when I heard he was dead, I thought you were too and that was the hardest thing I ever felt in my life. I was freaking out and sobbing because I can't lose you, I don't want to. You're the love of my life and I want to spend the rest of it with you." Tears formed in my eyes and I put my hand over my mouth as he got down on one knee.

"Lexi you're incredibly incredible and you're my best friend. I could never see myself ending up with anyone else and I don't want to; you're all I want and I don't want to lose that. Do me the honor, and become Mrs. Cameron Dallas?" He pulled out a ring.

I couldn't stop crying. I nodded vigorously as he slipped the ring on. I hugged him tight and cried more.

I loved Cameron very much and nothing could ever change that; not even Jack.

"We're getting married." I said. He smiled at me and cupped my face, whipping away tears with him thumbs.

"Yeah, we are."