Savior of Magic

My heart stopped when he asked me to marry him.  The tears fell down my cheeks.  "Yes, I'll marry you." I say as I throw my arms around his neck.  He  puts his arms around me and he kisses my head gently.

"I love you Allura." He says and I nod.  "I promise to marry you the second you're out of harm's way." 

"You'll make a great queen one day Allura, and I am happy to have you join the family."  King Richard says and tears threaten to fall down my cheeks.  "I wish you could stay longer but Liam wants to get you to safety as soon as possible.

"Thank you for everything." I tell everyone.  Alvar takes my hand and leads me out of the room.  Before I can say anything he leans down and passionately kisses me.  I put my arms around his neck and he picks me up gently.

"Be safe please." He begs as he ends the kiss.

"I'll do the best I can.  I love you Alvar." I say as he puts me down. He takes my left hand and puts a simple ring on it. The ring contains a dark blue opal with flakes of pink and green in it.  "It's beautiful."

"I wanted to propose with the ring my grandfather used and I knew you would like it." He says as I admire my hand.  "When you look at it, remember that I love you for the rest of eternity."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat on my horse as Liam and I rode through the countryside.

"The ring looks good on you." Liam says as I look over at him.  "You know the significance of opals right?" I look at the ring as I shake my head slowly.  "Opals mean innocence, hope, and purity.  In this realm, opals are the gemstone we use in wedding rings."

"I like them better than diamonds anyways.  Each one is unique."  I say as we turn into a forest.  "Why are we going in here?" I ask and he shakes his head and motions for me to be quiet.  He helps me off my horse and motions for me to follow him into the forest.

I hear voices on the road and I go closer to him.  He takes my hand gently and pulls me faster.  We emerge in a clearing where I see a man in long red robes standing next to a large red dragon.  The man turns to us and smiles.

"You made it safely." He says as Liam brings me over.  "My name is Mage Luis." The man is probably in his late thirties and he has black hair and dark brown eyes. "Come we must get out of here. The dragon hunters are on my tail." He says as he mounts the dragon.

"Come on Rue." Liam helps me reach Mage Luis's hand and he pulls me up and Liam follows.  The second my hand touches the dragon, I hear another voice.

"Welcome princess.  It is good to meet the savior of the magic." The voice says. 

"Are you ok?" Liam asks as he has he hold onto him.  We soar off the ground and we're flying hundreds of feet into the air.  My heart stops but then I see the view and I can't help but smile.

"THis is amazing!" I say as I look down across the land.  I see a castle in the distance and then the ocean somewhere to the south. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When we landed several hours later, the sky is dark and the land is basking in the glow the moon is giving off.  Mage Luis and Liam work on getting a fire started and then they go hunting leaving me with the dragon.

"Did you speak to me earlier?" I ask the dragon as he lays down around me.

"Yes, not many people understand drake.  The last person who could speak to my kind was killed for his talents."  The dragon curls around my cold body.  "No one can know about your talent." He says and I nod.

"What is your name?" I ask and the dragon visibly smiles.

"Firespeak." He says.

"I'm Allura." I whisper.  "But everyone calls me Rue now."

"Moondancer will be your dragon name.  From now on, the dragons will vow to protect you." I hear Liam laughing as they both come into the clearing.

"Rowan seems to like you." Mage Luis says and I sadly look at Firespeak.  They don't even know his true name but I can't tell them.  "Maybe we can train you to become a dragon rider."

"I would like that." I reply as I lean against Firespeak's scales.  I feel him make a small purring like sound as I feel my eyes grow heavy.  I close my eyes and I drift off to sleep.