The circle's bound

Hailey's POV

The look on my guardian's face when Allura stood up to her was priceless.  Then to add to the turmoil between the elder's and the newest circle, Allura is now the chosen one.  In my book of shadows, there was a prophecy stating that during a time when darkness and light are at odds with each other, a phoenix will rise from the ashes and turn the tide towards the good.  I don't remember all the details but I'm glad Allura is our savior.

Houston brought Allura back to the spare bedroom as all the elders discussed what just occurred.  Melanie, Houston and I sat down around Allura's bed as we waited for her to come to again.  Houston held her hand gently and Melanie kept smiling at them.

"What are we going to do if the elders refuse to let us practice?"  Houston asks as he looks away from Allura.  Doesn't he realize that they can't deny us? 

"We have to bind the circle now that Allura is the chosen one."   Melanie explains.  "Anyways they'll be scared to defy her now." Melanie looks thoughtfully towards the living room.  At that moment, Allura starts to come to again.

"What did I do this time?" She asks and we all laugh.

"You're the chosen one." Hailey tells her the legend and Allura's face drains completely of color.  I could tell that it was putting a lot of stress on her but her needs sadly are going to be pushed to the side from now on.

"What else are they going to expect from me?" She asks no one in particular.  "We need to get everyone together.  I need to bind the circle asap." Houston sends out a text and Hailey calls up Kit's family. "Have they decided if we can practice magic yet?" Allura asks but we all shake our head.

"We probably should sneak out of here before they decide though." Hailey suggests.  "The elders aren't one to listen to reason." I agree with Hailey.  I've seen the elders when they get scared and it got more of us killed than us binding the circle.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Houston wouldn't leave my side as we walked into the small house where we met before.  I tried to tell him that I was fine but he was too worried about me.  I find it sweet and all but I think I can handle myself.  I see a blur of red hair and someone is hugging me tightly. 

"I'm so glad you're ok!" Rowena says and I hug her back.  "I thought I was going to lose you too." Rowena pulls away and smiles sadly at me.  "You're like a sister to me." She says and Dustin comes over and pulls her into an embrace.  It's a great honor to be called her sister and I hope I won't let her down.

"Come on everyone we don't have much time until they figure out we disappeared." I tell them and we all go inside.  "Did you find the stuff I asked you to bring, Dustin?" I ask and he points to the table where all my spell books and ingredients are spread out.   I walk over to the table and I start rearranging things.  

"Do you need any help?" Melanie asks as everyone watches me.  "You guys should memorize this phrase." I pass everyone a small slip of paper with the binding spell on it."  Another car pulls up outside and we all go out to see Lily and Michelle coming towards us.

"We're ready when you are." Lily says as she hugs me.  "I wish i could have helped you." She whispers into my ear and I hug her tightly.

"Come on inside." I tell Michelle and she follows me but she goes straight to her sister when we get inside.  They all work on memorizing the spell as I put the ingredients and candles on the floor in the living room.  "Everyone memorized it yet?" I ask and everyone nods.

"Let's do this." Hailey exclaims as we all sit on the floor in a circle.

"So what happens during the ritual?" Rowena asks and I pull out a small knife from the bag that Dustin brought.

"Well, I light the candles representing the elements.  Then I burn the herbs and then we all add our blood to the bowl." I say and Melanie shudders.  "After that we just say the spell and join hands and we'll be bound."  I take a deep breath.

I light a silver candle before I begin. "Earth we call upon your power to ground us and protect us as we seek to bind our circle." I light the green candle that is facing north.  "Air we call upon your power to bring us knowledge of the unseen as we seek to bind our circle."  I then light the yellow candle to the east.  "Fire we call upon your power to bring new beginnings as we seek to bind our circle." The red candle right in front of me is then lit.  "Water we call upon your power to cleanse and purify as we seek to bind our circle."  Finally I light the blue candle.

I use the silver candle to set the herbs on fire.  Then I take the blade and I cut across my left palm.  The blood falls into the fire and I wipe the blade off on a piece of cloth before I hand it to Houston.  Everyone does the same thing and only Melanie falters as she cuts her hand.  After the knife gets back to me, I place it on the ground.

I take Houston and Michelle's hands and we all join as a circle.

"Earth, Air, Fire, Water

Bind this circle, hear our prayer

make us stronger, purge the weak

join us together link by link

powers joined by ancient bonds

we are now joined as one." 

We all open our eyes and our hands are glowing where they are joined.  A smile spreads across my face.  As we all slowly let go of each other's hands.  Melanie looks so happy as she hugs Hailey and Rowena.

"So we're bound now?" Michelle asks me and I nod.  "Does that mean we're safe now?"

"We're stronger now so we'll be able to protect ourselves." I tell her and she hugs me tightly.

"I can't believe we did it." Rowena looks at everyone in turn.  "We're a family now." I realize what this means to her.  She's not an orphan anymore because we're her brothers and sisters.  "We should probably go tell the elders."  Everyone laughs but it dies out when Melanie gets a phone call.

"What have you done?" A voice demands when she puts it on speaker mode.  "You're going to kill us all."  She yells and Melanie hangs up.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally the circle is bound! :-)