It's happening again...

My eyes flutter open and are met with a harsh white light.  I wince as I let my eyes slowly adjust.  I look around and I see Houston sleeping on the chair in the corner of the room.  From the looks of it, he's been here for a while. 

"Houston?" I say the words aloud but my voice barely carries.  "Houston." I say again and this time he hears it.  His eyes find mine and he's next to my bed in seconds.  The worry in his eyes scares me.

"How are you feeling?" He questions as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"I'm tired but I feel ok." I tell him and he seems relieved.  "What happened?"  I ask because I couldn't remember a thing.  I remember walking home but after that, I can't seem to recall anything.  He tells me what he knows and he hopes that I would fill in the rest of the details but I can't.  "I can't remember anything after walking home."

"It's ok, don't worry." Houston gets up and goes to find a doctor.  The doctor returns and quickly checks the seven inch across my stomach.  My skin aches as he gently touches the red skin but he says that I'm healing ok.

"I'm going to call your grandmother." Houston dials a number on his phone.

"Hello Mrs. Secret." Houston watches me as he talks.  "Yes she's ready to be discharged into your care.......Ok see you in a few." Houston hangs up as a nurse starts to discharge me from the hospital.  Thankfully my grandmother brings me a pair of clothes because mine were destroyed in the attack.

"How are you holding up?" My grandmother asks as we drive away from the hospital.  I don't reply and she looks in the rearview mirror.  I'm dosing on Houston's shoulder.  "How is she?" She then asks Houston.

"I honestly don't know, Mrs. Secret." Houston brushes the hair out of my face.  "She said she can't remember what happened."  They don't say anything else as we drive towards my grandma's mansion which is located just outside the city.  Houston picks me up once we pull into the gravel driveway and he carries me into the house.

I tried to keep my eyes open but I was so tired from what the doctors called moderate blood loss.  Houston lays me on the sofa as my grandmother comes inside the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Melanie's POV

When Houston called me telling me that Allura was out of the hospital, I was kind of relieved.  She's one of my best friends even though I've only known her for three days.  My mom offered to drive me to the mansion but I wanted to go see Elder Secret on my own.  She doesn't like my mother that much but she adores me.

I pull up into the driveway and I see Hailey and Michelle sitting on the front steps.  Michelle runs over to me as I get out of the car and she smiles trying to hide the worry in her face.  Hailey stands up slowly and we embrace each other.

"I can't believe this is happening all over again." Hailey says as another car pulls into the driveway.  Kit, Michelle's best friend, gets out of the car and runs towards her friend.  "We're sending Michelle away for a couple of days until we figure out what's going on.  Kit's family agreed to take her out of town and to their summer house until this clears up."

"Wasn't her mom and your mom great friends?" I ask and she nods.  That means the mother has magic to protect Michelle with.

"She's in here if you want to see her." Hailey leads me inside as Michelle runs in to grab her suitcase.  She hugs her sister and leaves the house.  "Dr. Rice is putting her on some medications right now."  We pause outside the living room as we wait for the doctor to finish.

"Come in girls." Elder Secret says and we slowly enter the room.  Allura is unconscious on the sofa and Dr. Rice is hooking her up to an I.V. right now.  "We managed to get her discharged early so we could heal her with modern medicine and magic." She explains.

"I'm sorry this happened, Elder Secret." I say and she sighs heavily.  "It's just like before isn't it?"

"Sadly it is." Elder Secret comes over to us and pulls us into a gentle hug.  "But we won't let anything happen to any of you." She whispers more to herself than to us.  "Why don't you two go up to Hailey's room?  I'll come get you once Allura comes to again."

We obey as we slowly climb the stairs up to the second floor.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I guess I should say that unless the POV is specified it's in Allura's perspective.  Until Allura is back on her feet, we'll be jumping between a few characters so you can get the general idea of what is going on behind the scenes.  Thank you for reading again!

~moonprincesskk