Eternity

I leaned against the railing looking out across the ocean.  Alvar was sleeping and I wanted time to myself but Stephan wanted to talk to me.  I felt someone gently touch my shoulder and I look at my love's brother.  I roll my eyes and look back across the ocean.

"I didn't get the chance to properly introduce myself." He says.

"You're double already had the honors." I reply and he laughs.  "What?!?" I demand as I turn to him.

"You're not what I expected for the future queen of Relaine.  I expected someone more stuck up and definitely not so informal with her subjects." Stephan replies and I shrug.

"I was raised in a different world." And that's an understatement.  "I've seen and learned about things you couldn't even comprehend." Stephan laughs again.

"You would make a great addition to our family." Was that actually a compliment.  I ignore it as I look out over the ocean.  "So is it true that you're engaged to Prince Houston of Lisstar?"  It was bold of him to ask and I would rather not talk about my arranged marriage. "I just want to make sure my brother will not be hurt because of the Lisstarian intentions."

"I wouldn't even dream of hurting Alvar." I say as I turn around and head back to the Captain's quarters.  Right as I was ready to open the door, Alvar pulls it open.  "How did you sleep?" I ask worriedly and he smiles at me warmly.

"Better knowing you were safe." He quietly replies and I blush but even in the moonlight he could probably see me.  "Why don't you get some sleep and I'll wake you in the morning." He says and I slowly nod.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Allura..." Alvar quietly says as he gently touches my shoulder.  I slowly open my eyes and smile.  "Hi sleepy head." He won't stop watching me and color creeps into my cheeks.  "We will be in Pavlara before night fall." 

"What are your parents going to say?" I ask and he looks at me nervously.  "Alvar?"

"They will love you Allura but if they have heard the rumors...." He watches me as I crawl to his side and he puts his arm around me.

"It's my choice, Alvar.  You need to remember that I make the decisions." I look up into his eyes.  The desire to kiss him has never been this strong and I see him leaning towards me I know I have to let this happen.  I put my arms around his neck.

The kiss made me feel warm inside as he gently kissed me.  It wasn't anything like what I shared with Houston.  This kiss feels natural and not forced.  I feel him pull away after a brief moment and I smile at him.

"Don't let me fall." I tell him and he looks at me confused.  "Because I'm falling deeply in love with you." He kisses me again and I know it was the right thing to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Alvar's POV

Her eyes smiled at me as I looked down at her.  Her soft pink lips beckoned to me and as I leaned down, I saw a sparkle in her eyes.  Her lips meet mine and the fire that spreads from where our lips meet, makes me think of spending eternity with her.

I pull back wanting to see her in all her beauty.

"Don't let me fall." Allura says.  It's a weird thing to say so I look at her a little confused.  Her eyes laugh.  "Because I'm falling deeply in love with you."  I can't resist the urge to kiss her again.  I love Allura with all my heart.  No past relationship has ever made me feel like this.

I'm just hoping my parents understand my need to marry this beautiful Earth girl.

"What are you two doing?" Stephan asks and Allura blushes which makes her face turn a bright pink.

"Nothing." I reply as I stand up.  "Would you please excuse us?" I ask Stephan and he leaves after a brief glance between us.  "Allura, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I tell her as she stands up.

"And I want to spend the rest of eternity with you, Alvar."  I knew she wasn't lying and it made my heart soar.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry it took me so long to publish another chapter but I hope it was worth the wait.  The next chapter should come soon but I have a couple of midterms coming up already and I won't have much free time. I hope you had a fantastic week!