The Vampire Who Likes AB Blood

Start from the beginning

The twins slide over to us. "Helloooo." Fred says.

"Alright now, best run along and get to class, dearies." George squeaks.

Angelina moans. "But it's History of blegh! Let's just skip class, please!"

Alicia sighs. "But I'm a prefect."

"We can't just leave her alone in History of blegh, Ange." I say.

Angelina takes a deep breath. "Oh, alright. Let's go then, so we can get a seat at the back of class. I'll catch up on my sleep."

We grab our bags, and head to History of Magic. Professor Binns floats back and forth at the front of the classroom in his ghostly form. We've never had a living teacher for History of Magic, at least not in my time here. But who better to teach something like this than an actually ghost? He was there for some of the history. Some say Binns was there when the Founders created Hogwarts.

"The giant wars began for one reason, and one reason only." Binns says to greet us, in his voice like that of candle wax. "Now that you are in your fifth year, your classes will become harder. You will need to remember things from this year and from the years past."

Splendid. I only take enough notes in a class period to stay awake. And Binns has so much to cover in the riveting history of giant wars that he won't review anything. It's not like I planned on passing my History of Magic OWL anyway.

"Back to the giant wars." Binns droned on. "A giant called Angus, was friends with the two leaders of his clan: Karf and Lotta. Karf and Lotta were mates, and very powerful Giants. They also had a young son, Molk. He was at home with Angus while Karf and Lotta were out hunting. There was a rival clan of giants who wanted to kill Karf and Lotta and take their clan. Angus sold them out, and then the rival clan leader sent him to the Ministry of Magic in chains."

The twins and I exchange a look. That sounds like exactly what happened with my mother's sperm donor and the Potters.

"Go," George whispers. "We'll cover for you."

I slip out of class with my bag, and race through the halls. Emotion attacks me and wraps itself around me. My heart is beating fast as I throw open the castle doors and run outside onto the grounds.

I look around fiercely, trying to find somewhere to go. Open air is not good. One of the professors could see me from their windows. Down by his hut, Hagrid is teaching a group of first years. I move to the edge of the Forbidden Forrest.

I see a first year's head cock to the side as her eyes fall on me from afar. I sink further into the trees. Hopefully she'll think I was an illusion or something.

As if I've triggered an alarm, footsteps, no-hoofbeats patter on the soft Forrest floor. Like a charging army, about three dozen centaurs surround me, bows already loading with arrows and pointed at me.

They are unique creatures, with tops of humans and bottoms of horses. Their hair is long and flowing and has many different shades. Their skin has different colors too, and so do their backs.

One centaur advances on me. He has red hair and a reddish-brown back. His skin is fair and healthy-looking. The centaur towers over me by a few feet. I alone am the height of his horse back.

"What business do you have here, child?" He asks in a calm, understanding voice.

I glance around at all the other centaurs, ready to shoot their arrows at me and kill me. "I-um......"

He holds out a rough and calloused hand. "I am Ronan. Who are you?"

"Aria Black." I say boldly. "Who are you?"