Chapter 48

---Elena's POV---

We have all morning to prepare ourselves with some questions to ask James. All of us have so many questions to ask him. Bonnie doesn't really know anything yet so I guess she'll have the most questions to ask. Today, I decided to make pancakes for Caroline, Damon and Stefan. I went to the kitchen to grabbed some utensils and the ingredients needed to make the pancake. I mixed some strawberries, raspberries and blueberries inside the pancakes batter. I made the pancakes and served it on the plate with some whipped cream and some berry fruits around it. I brought all the plates to the dining table and set it out. I opened the fridge and grabbed an orange juice drink and pour it to the glass.

"Guys! Breakfast is ready!" I shout through the staircase. In seconds, the three of them super sped down in their pajamas. The sniffed the air and Caroline's eyes lit up.

"Oh my god! Is it pancakes?!" Caroline exclaimed and quickly rushed to the dining room.

"Yes, it is." I laughed. She hugged me tightly and let out a squeal.

"Come on guys." I said, ushering them to the dining table. We sat at our own places and started eating the pancakes.

"Elena, you made the most awesome pancakes." Damon smirked.

"Thank you. You made some awesome pancakes yourself too." I said eventhough I'll get bored of his pancakes. While we're eating, I heard the doorbell rang. I got up from my seat and see who it was. Bonnie. She came pretty early though.

"Hi!" I hugged her and welcome her in.

"Hey, Elena." She smiled.

"Come, join us for breakfast. I made some berry pancakes." I said. Once she got into the dining room, everyone welcome her with a smile.

"Hey guys." Bonnie said.

"Morning, Bon Bon." Damon teases her. Nice attitude, Damon. I slapped him across his chest which earned a laugh from Stefan, Caroline and Bonnie.

"You deserve it." Bonnie grinned. She sat on the empty seat and started eating her pancake that I served for her. We chatted about general things and a little bit of James.

"Well, in my opinion, I think we should forgive James but even though he killed so many innocent people, he did it all just to protect us. That seems sweet." Bonnie shrugged.

"Killing someone to protect us is sweet? I would actually say it's creepy as hell." Damon said. "Just so you know, he actually has other agenda." He continued.

"Says the guy that kills much more people in his life." Bonnie rolled his eyes.

"Killed. And just for the record, some people just provoke me to kill them and it's a source of food." Damon snapped.

"You could actually be like Stefan; instead of choosing human blood, you could actually take animal blood." Bonnie glared at him.

"It taste li-" before he could complete his sentence, I cut him off. "Guys! Stop bickering." I said, switching glances at both of them.

"Well, we are frenemies." Damon rolled his eyes at Bonnie which earned a scoffed from her and Caroline. I then stacked up all the dirty plates and cutleries to carry to the sink. Damon helped me to carried some of the plates and glasses.