Chapter 46

---Elena's POV---

Today I have decided to wake up earlier than usual which is 7am. I'm a little anxious about today after yesterday there's like half of the students think Caroline and I have to do with the teachers death and disappearance. The other thing is that I'm excited for today is because prom is just one week away. Yay!! We have not seen James for a very long time so Damon and all of us decided to take him in for some questioning today if possible. I got up from my bed where Damon lied down beside me and took a cold shower. I then did my morning routine before changing to my clothes. I picked out a yellow tank top that has lace on the side and a white shorts. I even picked out a sunglasses to pair with it since today's weather will be sunny. My shoes I just slipped on a white sandal.

"Morning, sunshine." Damon said once I finished changing.

"Morning, Damon." I said and gave him a short but passionate kiss.

"Not trying to ruin the moment but are you coming to the school to see James?" I asked once we broke apart.

"Even if I hated it, I have to. He's going to pay for what he did to you and other innocent people." He spat.

"Well, I'm sure there's some other people working for him too because in my theory, it is impossible for him to kill or kidnap so much people at once." I explained.

"Maybe you're right but besides the point, I shouldn't have let him into our life's." He mumbled. "I knew something bad is going to happen once I forgave him what he did in the past. Unlike Stefan." He rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Damon. We are going to be late if we stay here chatting." I said, grabbing his hand down to the living room. When we were down, we saw Caroline and Stefan kissing each other. Probably making out. I just couldn't help but giggle at the sight of it. This is probably the first time that I saw them kiss. My giggle brought attention to the both of them and they quickly broke apart, embarrassed of what just happened.

"Sorry." Caroline said, straightening her clothes.

"It's fine. I think we should head out now since we are going to question James if he really is back from his vacation." I said.

~

I drove my car to the school along with Damon, Stefan and Caroline. I parked my car opposite our school since the parking lots are full. Once we got out from my car, students started to whisper at us. Probably still because of a rumor and misunderstanding.

"Elena, are you okay? You seemed a little stunned." Damon asked me while placing his arm around my waist.

"I'm fine. Let's just go see if James is here." I said. We walked to his History class and fortunately he is sitting on his chair casually on his phone.

"James!" Damon yelled. Caroline quickly walked over to the classroom door and shut it close.

"Oh, well, hello to everyone." James grinned which made Damon's anger rise up.

"Did you or did you not have something to do with the disappearance?" Stefan jumped right in to the point.

"I couldn't say no and I couldn't say yes." He smirked at us. He knew that this would get on our nerves which it really did. Damon's so angry at this moment that he charged towards him by grabbing his collar and pushed him against the wall.

"Did you or did you not have anything to do with it?!" He yelled at him. Luckily the classroom door is closed or else students and teachers will crowd around the room. Caroline stood in front of the door to block the view.