Chapter 27

---Elena's POV---

After we finish our meal, we began to go to the clothing store to buy some new clothes. Caroline and I went to the woman's department and Damon and Stefan went to the men's department. We'll meet each other outside of McDonalds.

First, we went to Forever 21. We browse the clothes through the rack. We tried on a lot of clothes and skirts in the fitting room. I bought checkers jacket, a black skater skirt, a tumblry kind of crop top and a white pants. Caroline bought a yellow jacket, a black floral dress, a pair of sunglasses and a plain baby pink t-shirt.

"Where should we go next." I asked her. My hands are full of paper bags.

"Lets go to H&M." She suggested. I nodded. We bought a few things from H&M. I bought a navy blue with white polka dots blouse, a pair of white shorts, a pair of sunglasses, two necklace with a heart pendant and another one is with a pigeon or is it swan pendant and lastly, a light grey sweatshirt that says 'boredom'. Caroline bought one red jacket, a pair of feather earrings, a neon pink mini skirt, a plain white shirt, a pair of ombré orange shorts and a set of bobby pins since she had lost all of them. After that, we both were quite tired so we bought something to drink. I ordered mango smoothie while she ordered berries with celery smoothie. We threw our empty cup into the trash can before entering Urban Outfitters.

---Damon's POV---

Stefan and I went to the departmental store to buy some house hold things, decorations and etc.

"What should we buy first?" Stefan asked me.

"Hmm...maybe the decorations?" I suggested. He nodded.

We looked at the vintage photographs with frames that were on display. It looked so beautiful. I would want to buy it to put it on my bedroom wall. But how sad it was for display.

"What are you looking at?" Stefan asked me.

"Nothing. It's just this vintage photographs." I said, pointing at them.

"You want it?" He asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Then just buy it. Don't tell me that you don't have enough money." He joked.

"Can't you see? It's only for display." I said.

"You're a vampire. What for if you're a vampire but you didn't use your compulsion?"

"I thought you're against doing the illegal way. And since when do you even suggested this idea? " I stated. Its true. Stefan always think using compulsion to human beings without their permission is illegal.

"Since you fell I love with it." He said.

"So I'm gonna compel the salesgirl that is standing just a few meters away from me?"

"Yes. You only used it when she saw you taking it. By that, it could mean it's stealing." I just shrugged my shoulders. I took it and pretended like I didn't know that it's only for display.

"Sir, I'm sorry. This vintage photo is only for display as you can see the sign over there." The salesgirl said. She said it politely. Hmm...I thought she's gonna scream at me. I think I should compel her then.

"You never saw me taking any vintage photographs from that display. It was missing. You had misplace it on other shelves. And you did not see me before in your life if anyone asks you about me." I compelled her.

"I've never seen anything. I did not see you before in my life." She repeated the words that I said." With that, I broke off the compulsion and let her go.