Chapter 23

A soldier came into the room me and Peeta were in and introduced himself. "Hello katniss my name is Boggs, head of district 13. I was the one who rescued Peeta." He said formally. "Thank you" I said gratefully, " no problem, I need to lead you and Peeta to the meeting room for you to meet president coin." He said whilst holding his hand out showing  us both the way.  Peeta looked at me and smiled whilst he went after me, still protecting me and the baby. Boggs was walking Down the hall with us following on behind him. He soon opened a door and I saw a woman. She had grey hair with a streak of white in it, she was wearing a tight grey jumpsuit. She held out her hand and  I quickly shook it. "Hello katniss. My name is president coin, I'm here to help you in anyway that I can and I want you to help me with something" she said swiftly. She then greeted Peeta and sat us both down. "Here, take a seat" " what can I help you with?" I said to her then glanced at Peeta. He had a furrow Inbetween his eyebrows looking confused but still protective over me. "Now katniss, do you realise what you did when you shot that arrow up at the forcefield? , you electrified the nation. There have been riots an uprisings in 8 districts and we need you to give the last 4 districts hope to have courage to stand up to the Capitol just like you did." She said without blinking. "I-I don't get what your saying?" I said in a nervous tone. " Katniss we want you to be our mockingjay." At first I just looked at her stunned then managed to get some words out. "But why me?" I asked in a  high tone. "Because you are the only person who can stop this rebellion and stop the games forever." I was thinking for a few seconds and looked at Peeta for his opinion. He just was staring at president coin. "She's pregnant! She can't be your mockingjay. It will harm the baby." He almost shouted. " I assure you the baby will not get harmed. We just need her for some propergandas." President coin reassured him, I looked at her and said " I will be your mockingjay but you must keep Peeta and my family safe." I agreed. President coin just nodded. "NO! Katniss you can't be the mockingjay I won't let you." He was holding a tight grip on my arm. " Peeta! It's my choice. I need to do this! I need to stop the games once and for all." I said whilst prising his hand off my arm. "Boggs will show you to your room." President coin said whilst Boggs Was escorting us to our room closing the door behind him so me and Peeta could talk.