Chapter 22

I slowly opened the door and made my way over to Peeta so I was standing in front of him. He had looked like he had been beaten he'd got skinnier, much skinnier. I soon started to well up with tears because he had been mistreated because of me being the mockingjay. It had been a whole month since I last saw him. "Peeta?" I whispered to him. All He did was look at me with a heartbreaking smile and ripped off his blood pressure arm band and gave me the biggest hug. I started crying with joy but then he hugged me a bit tightly, I squirmed uncomfortably but he quickly pulled away looking directly at my stomach. "Oh sorry, I forgot you were still in there little baby Jr. " he was stroking my stomach and then kneeled down to kiss my abdomen. I was looking down on him thinking that he is going to become a father. He IS going to see this child when it's born. That's when he looked up at me through his lashes and gave me the most enthusiastic smile I had ever seen. I don't think he's ever been this happy. I pulled Peeta up crying and giving him a kiss. We stood there for a long 3 minutes until we had to break the kiss for air, we were both breathing hard. " I missed you baby!" I whispered to Peeta. " me too! I've missed you both." He stopped for a fraction an then said to me " I love you katniss Everdeen and little baby Jr."