Chapter 34 ~ Eenie Meenie Miney Mo!

Start from the beginning

"I may have some recollection of something like that," you gulped.

"Good," He wore a smile that didn't reach his eyes where you could see his anger boiling away beneath. "Cause if you remember correctly Tidus and I lost a few of our belongings that night."

"Yeah," Tidus agreed.

"So today you're coming with us to help pick up the stuff we need." Axel ordered, leaning down, face mere inches from your own.

"Alri-"

"No!" Yuffie huffed half way through you agreeing with Axel. Yuffie jumped forward on your bed flailing her arms. Her action trampolined you up propelling you through the short distance between Axel and you. There was a short second where realization shot across his face but he didn't have time to step back before your faces crashed into one another. You're lips landed just below his as you head-butted him in the eye.

"Argh." You both groaned as you grabbed your forehead and Axel held his eye.

"That's definitely going to bruise," Axel winced.

"Yeah, you give a whole new meaning to the term 'strong cheek bones'," you rubbed your head.

"Axel!" Yuffie yelled shoving the unsuspecting Axel who fell backwards barely missing your bedside table.

"What the hell," he seethed, steaming with rage.

"I can't believe you just tried to kiss ------. And in front of everyone like that. Shame on you." She lectured flicking her finger at him.

"Why you little-" Axel shot off the floor ready to murder Yuffie where she stood.

"Calm down," Zack looped an arm around Axel's in a failing attempt to hold him back. Tidus grabbed onto the other side as Genesis pulled Yuffie back to a safer distance.

"Now she's definitely coming with me, you molester" Yuffie fussed.

"You damn brat, over my dead body!" Axel steamed.

What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning.

Two hours later you had finally made it into town. Yuffie and Axel weren't acknowledging each other's existence but everyone else seemed fine.

"Beautiful day today," Yuna smiled.

"Yeah, not a cloud in the sky," Tidus agreed as the two made an attempt to break the tension. It had taken a while but you managed to convince the two that if they were all going to the same place that you should all just go together. You were now standing in the middle of Radiant Garden, a charming little city, with your roommates along with Yuffie, Tifa, Rikku, Yuna and Paine.

"Okay!" Yuffie cheered grabbing your hand. "Let's hit a café first for breakfast."

"Oh, I. Don't .Think so!" Axel punctuated each word as he tore you from Yuffie's grasp and flung you behind him. "We came here because Tidus and I need to shop so that's what we're doing first."

Round two of the bickering war began. As you rolled your eyes for the umpteenth time today you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"This could take a while." Genesis lowered his voice as he spoke in your ear. "There's a shop just around the corner I know you'd enjoy. Would you like to go?"

You looked around as passer-byers began to stop and stare at the scene Yuffie and Axel were making. You turned back to Genesis "I'd love to."

Genesis and you quietly snuck away from the group and around the corner.