again

there's someone ive been missing. and i couldn't notice who, just a piece i don't know where to start to look at anymore. yet i still tried to live life with something lost, i needed to get away. and i did. my mind directing back here, and my feet following. the rocks under my sneakers beginning to crunch, i learned to admire the way that sounds.

however my eyes gazed out to the sunset, mixes of yellows and pinks making my skin tingle. i didn't know what i was doing, but i still continued down the path to the edge of the dock. a getaway i needed and this was it. only in the end it wasn't only me. he was drained out not paying attention to the boy's surroundings.

complicated swirls of black and brown falling on the tip of his forehead. his lips pale and eyes glistening with the reflection of the river. those eyes, i knew them. i had to recognize them.

but i sat beside him, silence overcoming the situation that could've gotten uniquely wrong. he noticed this time my presence, his head turning toward my vision. and i solved everything, the missing piece. somehow disappearing along with his train of thought. it was him, and i know who could him be? but oh my fucking heart, it was him.

"wow, you look awfully familiar." he informed, how could i say something. but you have to say something. "calum." i answered, the hair on my neck beginning to prickle. and i saw it in his face, he knew.

"rosie." and wow no one has called me that for years and no one has sat here with for years and he wasn't here for years. "i am speechless." he concluded, his expression still trying to comprehend my eyes.

"it's been so long." i said. the boy nodded, "so long since i lost my best friend." i replied.

"well you look extremely different." he smiled, and i think i knew that's who i was missing, i was missing him and all these days of nothing. my emotions have wanted him and i couldn't hold myself back from holding him. it seemed like he couldn't either when he laughed embracing me. "i fucking missed you." i cried out. and he nodded.

"and you look so different as well." and then once you pulled apart your gaze only on him. "ive gotten less uglier and im pretty hot right now." he winked and you couldn't help but chuckle wiping your eyes.

"but you're still a smart arse." he choked out a laugh and pointed at my chest. "and hey you grew those, damn rosie you're gorgeous. when i left we were both in our awkward years now youre wow." he kept saying wow and that somehow made my cheeks become brighter and my hands shake.

"thank you, you don't look too bad yourself cal." but he was actually more than alright he was art, i believe that was the word. and the way he stared at me, i was a loss for words.

"i loved you." he informed, my mouth becoming dry and the bumps on my skin forming up. "and i might still if i stay any longer then planned, but damn rosie when i left i had to let go and it was really hard." he couldn't look at me anymore talking to the sun.

"and you could've been mine," he continued now gaping at me, "you still could, but i believe i should deserve it not just get it, so little rose. tell me everything." and my hands stopped shaking my heart stopped beating extremely speedy. "okay larger cal, where do i begin?"