new love

"you're beautiful." you smiled, fingertips brushing prickles of blonde hair away from his skin. your bodies colliding and tangling with duvet sheets, his arm resting on your waist. "stop it." you said lingering onto your best friends words, it was normal. his lips moving forward with the sounds. he mentions it every once or twice a day of silence and it made your stomach tingle. "im serious." he informed, he never fought it before. "my best friend is so beautiful." you closed your eyes a grin holding onto your lips and his hands moving you closer.

his lips fading onto your skin and it's sent chills down your back to the curl of your toes. you swore he could sense it when he did again but this time on your nose. you took a breath gazing at him, the bubbly and yet secretly sad boy. "im afraid to say it." you finally admitted, he eyebrows knotting in confusion.

"to say what?" he asked his lip ring falling in between his teeth. "do you remember in first grade when you moved here and you had those awful light up sneakers? but an amazing transformers t-shirt. those boys would always make fun of you and one day during recess one of them pushed you." he nodded somewhat laughing it off.

"yeah and you came stomping over with those little pix tails and that pink dress with the white shoes and you shoved the guy so hard and said stop being a butt head." you smiled agreeing and both of you chuckling at the memory that feeling of his chest moving up and down vibrating against you. "and we became awesome friends but you see, when you first came here i actually liked your shoes but i remember this. my tiny little kid heart really liking you." he stopped smiling, intensely letting his vision get lost in yours.

"wait you fancied me, you had a crush on me since when?" he questioned and you smiled sighing your fingers beginning to circle little shapes onto his arm. "yeah and for awhile, but you sorta started dating someone else and i guess i tried to to forget it. but im not trying to blame you i could've said something." he stayed silent.

"i think if i would've known i would easily forget about her. wow, and to think i always liked you as well. my first day when miss. murphy sat me next to you i was so scared. you were so pretty." your heart dropped, it sounded like he was reminding himself and you began to speak again. "but i am afraid because i try to forget but i haven't." you whispered at the end. his eyes burning into your skin.

"me neither." he murmured after moments. you looked up his body moving closer if that was possible, he placed his forehead against yours before mumbling, "i have been dying to do this." and he did, lips forming as one with the other. but goddamit it felt so right, and you knew.

you knew it was always right.