Chapter- 5

It was around noon when the boys decided to go kayaking together. Jongin and Luhan had decided to pair up, leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo in worrisome company.

"Are you sure about this, Jongin?!" Kyungsoo asked as they walked towards the dock where an instructor stood with a group of Kayakers. "Awe Kyungie! You worry too much, love. I'll be fine~ Besides, I've got Lulu here to take care of me!" Kai would say happily, draping an arm across Luhan's shoulder.

"What if these two end up in trouble, Baek?" Kyungsoo asked, looking at me with worried eyes. He knew better than this, since Luhan did some questionable things sometimes...

"You should trust Kai, Dyo-ah. Luhan wouldn't have said yes if he didn't know to take on responsibility. You can try convincing them but they won't listen anyway. Give them a chance. I'm sure everything is going to be just fine."

Two Hours Later

"Omo-Omo! I knew something would happen to those idiots. What are we going to do now? What if their kayak toppled over- Should we call the police-"

"Stay calm, Kyungsoo-ya!! For all we know, they might be making their way back here as we speak!"

Meanwhile

"WAAAAH!!! HYUNG!! WE'RE GOING TO DIE OUT HERE! I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO SAY A PROPER GOODBYE TO KYUNGIE! WAAAA-"

"FOR GOD SAKE! Get yourself together! We will get through this. All I need you to do is cooperate with me and help me turn this thing around. Can you do that, Kim Jongin?" Luhan sighed tiredly, looking at a shaken Jongin. The poor teen was overwhelmed, still trying to settle over how far they'd managed to drift from the shore.

"Alright, on the count of 3, I want you to use your paddle and slowly move it against the tide, okay! Ready? 1.. 2.. 3!! Now!" The boys gave it their all, putting every arm muscle to use and minutes later, a sigh left Luhan's lips.

"Let's go home!" Kai sniffled as the two paddled their way back up the river.

At The Dock

Kyungsoo kept pacing back and forth while I just sat there staring at him. I then saw something in the distance. I stood up, trying to get a better view. Kyungsoo noticed this and followed my gaze. His worried expression soon turned into a relief.

"JONGIN-AH!!!" He shouted, waving happily towards his lover.

"KYUNGIE~" Oh my God! Why was Kai crying? Did Luhan tease him again?.

The two of us rushed towards them and as soon as the Kayak reached the dock, Kai almost immediately stood up and jumped into Kyungsoo's arms, bringing Dyo down with him on the ground.

I walked towards Luhan and held my arm out for him to take, which he gladly accepted.

"I thought I was going to die!" Kai whispered, burying his face into Kyungsoo's chest.

"Ssh! You're safe now. I'm here, aren't I? Stop crying Kai!!! It's over!" Kyungsoo spoke, patting Jongin's back in an attempt to calm the younger down as he helped themselves up on their feet.

"How'd it go?" I asked Luhan as the two of us joined the love birds.

"Bad is just an understatement." He said, looking at me with a frown.

"It could've been worse.. let's go home!" I said, giving him a small smile. Kyungsoo and Jongin looked back and nodded.

"I could really use some sleep right now." Luhan said, sounding exhausted from all the work he did a while ago, while Kai looked like he'd pass out any second.