Chapter- 1

"Young Master!! Wake up! Wake up! You have to get ready for school!!"

I groaned, pulling the covers over my head and buried my face deeper into my pillow. If there was anything I disliked most, it had to be waking up early in the morning.

"Young Master!!!" My maid whined and this time I heard her shuffle before I felt a strong tug on my duvet.

"Please get up! You won't make it to class on time if you keep this up, Master!" I heard her puff air, trying her best to get the heavy duvet off my body. Meanwhile, I gripped on tight like my entire life was on the line.

"It's alright Gina. I'll take care of him!" A second voice was heard, and I felt Gina's hold on my duvet loosen. The clicking of heels sounded against the polished floor as the door creaked for a second before closing shut gently.

"Baekhyun.." I heard my mother's voice call my name, the mattress now sinking beside my head. "Baekhyun-ah, wake up dear. You'll be late."

I sighed, pulling the duvet down to my chest as I stared up at my mother with a pout on my lip, my eyes still puffy from staying up and gaming with my friends. She would chuckle and I felt her hand run through my brown hair soon after.

"Do I really need to, mother?" She nodded, her soft fingertips now tracing through my messy bed hair. I pondered for a moment before I decided to try wooing her with my cuteness. Knowing my mother, I was absolutely certain she would fall for it anyways.

"Your acts won't work on me this time, Baekhyun. Now get up, you're already ten minutes past your wake time!" She said with an amused look, leaving my side to look for my clothes in my walk-in wardrobe.

I looked up at her with a frown just to sigh in defeat and shift over to the edge of the bed, placing my feet onto the ground as I shuffled across the room towards the bathroom, closing the door shut behind me.

My mother was the only person I could never fuse over, no matter the cause. She understood me and as much as I was a rebel at times, she always knew how to put me back in my place. I loved her with my entire being, she would always be the only person I could depend on.

Yet, the hope to see my mother grow old with me by her side turned dim after she had been diagnosed with Brain Tumor, Grade 2 to be more specific. Initially, she always complained about headaches and the feeling of nausea. We never gave these indications much thought, assuming it was all because of the stress she'd been putting through at work. It was until the day a maid found mother lying on the floor in the living room unconscious. We immediately went to the hospital and after a general checkup, the doctor told us that she was diagnosed with malignant brain tumor. He went on to state that she'd been suffering from it for months now. We were also informed that about 65% of the tumor was benign, 35% was malignant. The doctor suggested that mother go through chemotherapy and father agreed. After a few days spent at the hospital, mother was discharged and brought home.

She's been at home ever since the incident, tending to household chores. My mother was a very stubborn person and I happened to inherit that trait from her. No matter how much we tried to get around her and tell her she needed the rest, she always put up with us and told us that she wasn't old enough to be lying in bed all day. Instead, she would occupy herself reviewing the maid's tasks or holding tea parties with a few of her friends in our garden. Gina was tasked by father to monitor mother, just in case she did something that would cause trouble to herself.

Taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth, I tended to my hair and set my bangs over my forehead. Wrapping a towel around my hips, I would peep through the small gap of my bathroom door.