3 -School Project-

[Name's] POV

Well isn't this fantastic...

Inwardly, I groan at the announcement of a History project. A partner project. And the teacher is picking our partners!

Can I be a partner with myself? Cause Myself and I work really good together.

"Travis and [Name] will be partners and Alexa will be partners with Kylie," Mr. Thomas announced the last two groups. I look over to Alexa and see her scrunch up her face in disgust. I contain my laughter and look ahead of me, coming face to face with my crush.

"At least I got the smart one," he smirks. "So what event in history shall we do?"

"I don't know," I sigh, looking down at my now sweaty palms. "Let's do something about the Hokage lineage."

"Smart idea," he looks around. "Don't think anyone else is thinking about that. They're all doing war."

Travis looks back at me, a grin on his face. "Thank god I got the smart one," he repeats.

...

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. I walked out of my last class with Travis by my side. We were still discussing our project for history and what parts of the project we were going to do.

"You have my number, right?" he asked. I stiffened, breath hitching in my throat.

"N-No...it smeared off my arm by the time I got home," I explained.

"Oh," he shrugged it off. "Give me your phone."

"Wha?" I looked at him puzzled before passing him my phone.

He did some things with it and passed it back to me. I looked at the number on the screen.

"Now my number will stay with you forever," he waved bye and walked to his car. My face felt hot and I just knew I was blushing.

...

"SISTER DEAR!!!!" Marlie tackled me before I could get a single step inside of the house.

"Ew get off of me," I shudder and push my little sister off. "You're gross."

"Don't be mean to your sister," my mother sighs, telling me this phrase for the billionth time. According to my mom, I was mean to my sister ever since Marlie could speak.

"Mother you know very well that that's never going to happen," I say, making my way to my room.

I started the project right away. I'm the kind of person that needs to do their work ahead of time or else it'll never be finished. I don't want to be like my sister, the procrastinator. Wait until the very last minute to do something and then get in huge trouble for it. She's failing all her classes, so mom decided to take away her phone.

I chuckle quietly to myself.

It's what she deserves.

My door slams open and I groan loudly. I don't even have to look back to know who this is.

"What? What do you want Marlie?" I sigh.

"Travis's number, duh!" she scoffs.

"You don't have a phone," I stated, still working on my project.

"So," she comes to stand next to me. "I would still like to have it."

"You're annoying."

"And you're ugly."

"And you're an abomination to this family."

"Rude!!"

Silence for a few minutes as she hovers over me. Sweet sweet silence before I get to hear that annoying screechy voice of hers.

"Give me his number," she demands, stomping her foot and crossing her arms.

"How do you know I even have it?" I don't even look up from my research.

"I saw that twinkle in your eye!"

"What twinkle?"

"Every time you have some sort of interaction with Travis, you get a twinkle in your eyes."

"You're crazy," I mumble, my cheeks getting warm just from my sister's explanation.

"No. I'm not," she hisses, grabbing my shoulders.

"Why are you touching me--"

"Shut up and listen," she says menacingly, cutting my sentence off. "You either give me his number or I'll tell mom you have a crush on him."

Oh why must I have a sister?

The last time my mother knew I had a crush on someone, she screamed it to the world. Everyone knew about it the very next day and that's why we moved. I couldn't handle the embarrassment of just going outside to retrieve the newspaper for my dad. I stayed sheltered in my room because people would tease me about having a miniscule crush on some guy I barely know the name of.

That was nine years ago when I was eight and it still haunts me to this day.

"Fine," I sigh defeated. "His number is in my phone."

"Sweet!" Marlie cheers, grabbing my phone, ripping a piece of paper from my notebook, and taking the pencil right out of my hands.

"Hey--!"

"Shut up!"

I waited patiently for her to scribble down his number on the piece of torn paper and leave.

"Thanks sis! Love ya!" she skips merrily out of my room without closing my door.

"I hate you too, you little demon child!" I scream.

"Be nice to your sister!"

"That will never happen!"

A/N: I honestly forgot I had this story. Well, there's the third one. Hope you enjoyed. Bye.