I Hate Soul Mates

Chapter 5

(Peter’s POV)

          I woke up at five in the morning and went for a run in the woods to work off some excess nervous energy. I don’t know why I was nervous but the only word that came to mind that I could think of as a cause was: Jennifer. I haven’t been able to get her off my mind since she left last night I mean, where was she going? I can’t help but shake the feeling that whatever it was I’m not going to like it very much. I guess I’ll just ask her when I pick her up for school. Holy shit I zoned out for so long that its 6:00 AM! I ran straight home and got ready for school and left in Jennifer’s car.

          I pulled up outside of her house and shut the engine off. I jumped out of the car and went inside like I owned the place since her parents were at work already. I sniffed out her scent to her bedroom and went up the stairs towards it. The door was cracked so I opened it up silently and I swear what I saw made me stop breathing. Jennifer was in front of her walk-in closet choosing an outfit to wear for today but she was only clothed in a thin, blood-red, satin robe. I drew in a sharp breath and she turned around as if just noticing I was there and I would have believed that if not for the smirk on her face and the mischievous glint in her eyes.

          “Hello Peter! I wasn’t expecting you until a little later so I’m not ready yet as you can plainly see. I’ll just be a few minutes and then we can go if you’ll just wait outside the room, or you can watch if you have good self-control. I don’t really mind.” she said innocently but there wasn’t a thing innocent about that statement.

          “Actually I’ll help you pick out an outfit if you don’t mind.” I smirked at her semi-shocked expression.

          “Sure that’s fine with me.” she sent me a magnificent smile and motioned me towards the closet. I went over and picked out a sexy black thong and matching bra. I also picked up a black miniskirt that looks like it would go to just above her knee and a blood-red spaghetti strap shirt with a mini leather jacket. For the shoes, I picked out these red stiletto heels. Oh yeah! She is gonna look like a smokin’ hot biker babe and when did I turn into such a girl?!    

          “Is that really what you want me to wear? Okay then I’ll just…” she trailed off as she started to untie her robe. My eyes were popping out of my head almost, was she serious when she said she didn’t care if I watched? She started to slowly slip down one shoulder teasing me. Then, she started with the other, turning her back to me and then it was a puddle in the floor before I could blink and I heard the closet door close. I looked up and realized that she must have run in the closet with her clothes. What a tease!

          I hadn’t even waited ten seconds before she was standing right in front of me, perfect as ever in the outfit I picked for her. Her gorgeous light brown/blond highlighted hair was falling straight down her back and she was wearing a pair of black sunglasses and just the right amount of make-up. She was grinning up at me and then I leaned down and kissed her without even thinking about it. She pushed me away though, she was breathing a little heavier than before.