Chapter 36

Chapter 36

 It’s all over. The audition is done and dusted, the interview is completed, all that is left is for us to wait and see if we are good enough.

      My breathing came out in short shallow breaths as we walked together towards the rehearsal room we had been in before hand.

      There were still students rehearsing and psyching themselves up for what was to come; still I didn’t see any paired performers which just freaked me out even more. God I’m completely crazy!

      We headed over to the corner in which we had rehearsed, in which there was now a 16 or maybe 17 year old girl with ginger hair rehearsing.

      Picking up our bags we moved into the opposite corner as there was no one dancing there at the moment. In doing so we began to change back into our normal clothes, and with the daze I was in I didn’t even have a heart attack when Joe took his shirt off.

      Crazy right?!

      After we had both changed back to our something comfortable, we headed out into the hallway. I was still completely panicked and Joe knew it too.

      “Angie, breathe. We were amazing, you were amazing.” He tugged my waist, pulling me so close to him that it sent shivers down my spine. Completely forgetting about my nerves I smiled to myself, remembering the moment Joe and I had shared just before the audition.

      Joe defiantly knew what I was thinking about, that’s probably why he pulled me into a janitor’s closet. I was confused at first; I mean seriously, a janitor’s closet? But when Joe’s lips touched mine I really didn’t care about where we were or even what may happen.

      He chuckled against my lips and wrapped his arms around my waist. This kiss was about as passionate as the one before, I could hardly control myself.

      I would have continued to have Joe secured to my lips but to my despair he pulled away. “Joe….why…stop there?” I said, far too breathless than I ever thought possible from an Angel kiss.

      The mischievous smile on his face frightened me a little bit; even though I loved Joe when ever he smiled like that I would fear for my life.

      “Well Angel, it seems that you need to thank me dearly for helping us with the audition.” His green eyes were shimmering with delight and a hidden secret, he continued “Or do you not know what I did?”

      Why does he have to be so bloody mysterious?

      I shook my head no to his question and to my expectant surprise, he smiled cheekily.

      “Hmm, what a predicament we seem to be at.” His smile grew wider, almost becoming a smirk “Well, it seems that when ever I did this…”

      He lent in, his lips mere inches from mine, the closeness sent my heart into a frenzy.

      “You seem to be rather passionate with anything…” His smile went softer, but the smirk was still there “But when I do this…”

      Joe closed the gap that had been left between us and pushed his lips deeply against mine. He didn’t give me any time to react before he had pulled away.

      “When I do that…you put more passion and urgency into anything for the next hour because you want it to be finished so you can kiss me again.”

      I was shell shocked; Joe had actually found a way for me to act differently. A way that made me dance better than I had ever done before.