Chapter 8

Chapter 8

    Darkness was all I could see. I heard voices through it, people calling my name. I didn’t want to listen; I just needed to make sense of what had just happened. Because I had no idea what had.

     How could he be here? He’s a dream, it’s not possible. I may have wished for so long that he would be real; I never thought my dreams would come true.

     “Angie! Angie wake up!” A voice cried, it sounded a lot like Casey. Her voice was filled with worry, my heart pained for her.

     I felt pressure on my hand, it was soft and warm. Then a calm voice spoke to me “Evangeline, you must wake up.” And as if by magic, my eyes fluttered open. As the darkness faded, a pair of green eyes were staring into mine.

     Still feeling a little woozy I giggled “You look like an Angel” I heard sighs of relief and a few giggles. The green eyed boy continued to stare, his eyes never leaving mine.

      Instinctively I raised my hand to his cheek, he didn’t flinch. I stoked his cheek and tears filled my eyes “I’ve missed you.”

     His expression changed and he pulled away from my hand. He looked confused, he replied “Um, sorry miss I don’t think we’ve ever met before.” He smiled apologetically at me “I’m sure I’d remember a face like you, I never forget a pretty face.”

     Lucky for me I had become more normal, the woozy feeling had gone and I quickly jumped up from the floor. Blushing at the comment I replied “Well, err, thanks. And um, sorry about the Angel thing, I was a little woozy.”

     He laughed gently, “its fine Evangeline.” He said nicely “Well, we’re going to be getting to know each other soon. I guess we’ll be spending a lot of time together.” He winked.

      Catching my breath I spluttered “Y...y...yeah, that’d be uh…nice?” My class giggled, and I suddenly remembered that they were there.

      I laughed awkwardly and walked away to go sit at a table. Putting my head in my hands I breathed heavily what is happening? I thought to myself.

     “Babe, what happened?” Casey cried, her voice drowning with worry and her eyes were filled with terror.

      I whispered in reply “I don’t know, he just…” He just what is all I could think. It’s not possible for him to be My Angel. Yes My Angel hasn’t been here and then this guy turns up who looks just like him, but that is no reason for me to faint at the first guy who resembles him!

     “Ang, come on! No one just faints from looking at someone.” Casey said. I kept my head in my hands and sighed, I knew I would have to tell her why. Not here though, not where he could hear me and think I’m a complete nutter. Although, he most likely thinks that already.

      “Later” I said, my voice catching in my throat. “Later” I repeated, there was no reason for the repeat I knew she heard me. But it felt weird not being able to tell her something straight up. Raising my head a little to look at her I saw her nod slowly and walk away.

      I sighed inwardly it felt so strange. I had always been able to tell Casey everything, although I could be hesitant about what I was saying I always would. Why was this different? I didn’t want to tell her, I couldn’t tell her. I already said I would though, so there’s no chance of me backing out. From what had happened, although I’m still not exactly sure what HAD happened, I knew it wasn’t good.
      On the one hand I have a cute guy as my ballet dance partner, he seems well built out for it and obviously understands what he’s doing.
      But on the other hand he looks just like My Angel which may lower my ability to perform, and if he is My Angel then I will most likely die from the weirdness of it.