Chapter 15

Chapter 15

  Being at the top of the new relationship pile didn’t seem as bad as I expected. Actually, it was pretty awesome. I had my friends back, no one was jealous anymore. Even Lizzie was speaking to me again.

    Plus I’m dating a complete and utter awesome guy. I never thought it would turn out this way, I just thought I’d find him a prick for the whole time.

    How wrong was I? But what was different about us to every other couple – other than Casey and Jared – was that we were inseparable, and I have know idea how we managed it.

   Well I do. But it just doesn’t make sense. You see, his lessons correlate with mine. All our classes are right next to each other, we have free periods at the same time. Sometimes I feel like its fate that brought us together, rather than a ballet scholarship. It’s slightly strange how things have moved so quickly with us…

    We sere sat in the café near the school; we had a half day due to exam preparations. So we decided to go grab a quick meal and talk about our dance. And of course other things.

    “OK, so with the song we have the whole dance. But to be honest I think we need to add in a few more techniques, we have to impress these people.” I said, stopping to have some of the pasta I had bought for my lunch.

     Looking up to Joe I was suddenly met by a pair of soft lips on mine, I wasn’t complaining of course. He pulled back and smiled as I gripped to his shirt, I didn’t want him to be too far away.

    “Sorry I pulled away” He said, a small smirk appearing on his face, I was a little worried “I just had to tell you…” he lent in closer “You taste like pasta.” I pulled away and covered my mouth in fright, screaming in my head why did this have to be thee one day I don’t bring a breath mint?

    He winked at me continuing his words “its fine…I like pasta.”

    Giggling softly I pulled him back to my lips; I could feel his lips curving into a smile as we kissed. I couldn’t help but love him more then and there; even with all my faults and problems he still cares for me.

    In his own…special way. Boy do I have a keeper on my hands!

    Smiling at me he asked “So Princess, how much time do we have left?” his hand stroked my cheek, sending shivers down my spine.

    I answered “around four months now I think, so we do have to keep working hard. I was thinking we could head over to the studio now…?” he shook his head, disagreeing completely with what I said.

    Confused I raised an eyebrow at him. He replied by holding my cheek in his hand, his eyes were calm, controlled and smouldering. Taking a deep breath he said “I meant… how long do I have you until this day ends?”

    God he’s so romantic.

   “There aren’t enough hours in the day to admire your eyes, not enough time to describe your beauty. There isn’t enough time for me to feel your lips on mine, and there is no time to realize how I fell accidently in love and not mind at all.”

    My heart fluttered at every word, he could give Shakespeare a run for his money. Relaxing into his hand I closed my eyes, feeling the full power of his words. “Come on goofy” I opened my eyes to see him standing “Let’s go to the studio then.”

    He walked away slowly, feeling slightly annoyed I called after him “I’m not goofy, you are.” Turning back to look at me he smiled at my little pout and held out his hand. Smiling smugly he said “You coming princess?” his face showed power but his eyes showed love, and so I walked up to him looked him in the eyes and replied “I’ll be going, just make sure you keep up” I whispered in his ear “Cause this is game on.”

    Walking to the studio me and Joe teased each other constantly; it was sort of our thing. Kiss and romance at one point, then poking and war the next.

    It was sort of cool; it made me laugh whenever he said something to me.

    “Come on now princess, your not mad because I called you goofy are you?” Joe asked while he kept up easily with my quick pace, damn his long legs.

    “It’s not like I meant it” he continued “how could I call my sweet…” he took my hand “adorable…” he stroked my cheek “sexy…” he kissed my lips.

    Speaking against my lips he finished “and irrational girlfriend. Goofy?” He pulled back and winked “Only when I’m around.” Laughing deeply he ran on ahead.

    My forehead creased and I ran after him yelling “What do you mean I’m irrational?!” he continued to laugh, and eventually I did too. We eventually stopped teasing, and raced each other to the studio. I had texted Claire when we had left the café that we planned to rehearse.

    Just to make sure she didn’t think it was burglars.

   Arriving at the studio I grabbed out my spare key – I have a spare copy mainly because I come after school a lot, just not…lately. Walking into the dark room our footsteps echoed on the wooden floor. I fumbled across the wall for the light switch, finding it I flicked the switch with ease. I turned around and my eyes opened wide.

    “Hey there weirdo, who’s this hunk hanging about with you” a familiar voice joked, her pretty blue eyes shone brightly as she smiled.

    My grey eyes glimmered in return, walking up to this long lost stranger I smiled brightly and replied smugly “Well what did you expect, I am so god damn sexy after all.”

    The woman laughed gently and held out her arms “What no hug for the other sexy girl, are we not sisters?” She cried.

    Jumping into her arms I replied “Jessica, for once in your life… don’t stop being you.” I hugged my sister tightly; so many memories are flooding back into my mind. I almost didn’t hear Joe clear his throat. Almost. But not quite.

    Jessica and I turned to face Joe; he looked slightly embarrassed by our outburst of sisterly love. God he’s so cute when he’s embarrassed. “Um, sorry to interrupt ladies…but um I think Angie and I should rehearse…” he stopped slightly, as if to make sure he wasn’t being rude and continued “But you may stay if you wish” he smiled bashfully.

    I looked up at my sister, here gaze was on Joe. And when she looked at me there was a devilish glint in her eye. It was as if she had sent me a telepathic message as I knew she was saying “Dude if he wasn’t yours I would take him now, he is such an awesome guy. He’s a keeper.”

    Trying hard not to laugh I left the embrace of my sister and came to the embrace of my partner-boyfriend and as he put the music in we got into our positions.

    Jessica went and sat in the ‘audience’ area while Joe and I moved to the centre. Performing for my sister was like something totally different, I performed my heart out. And Joe did too; it was as if he knew that she was important to me.

    Every now and then as we danced my eyes would look to Jess, and her eyes would shine with affection and love. It made my heart warm.

    As the dance came to a close my breath was unsteady and my cheeks warm. Joe’s arm held tightly to my waist, he didn’t seem to notice that his heart was speeding. Looking to Jess I asked “So…w…what do y…you think?”

    She stood up and walked towards us, her face showed no emotion. It was as if she was wearing a mask. Standing in front of us now it was still hard to know what she was thinking. Putting a hand on my cheek she looked into my eyes.

    “YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!” She said, her voice so loud it made me jump slightly “I never thought that you would be this good…well I did…but you prefer to do this alone. And when I realized you weren’t I was all like ‘shit this won’t go well’” She looked to Joe “Sorry.”

   Shaking his head he ushered her to continue and she did “But when the music began to play, btw you guys are awesome singers, and you guys started to dance I was so…so…” She thought deeply, a slight frown crumpled her beautiful complexion.

    “Well, that says it all. There are no words for it.” Her smile lit up my world just then. I was glad to have my sister back.