Chapter 25

Chapter 25

      A week has passed and yet there is still no sign of Joe. Casey (bless her) has tried so hard to make me feel better, coming up with crazy assumptions of why he might not be here.

      With every crazy assumption would cause more wonder in my mind. It’s just three weeks until the audition, and I know he is an Angel, but dancing obviously means a lot to him.

      “Ang, I’m sure he’s just taking extra rehearsal lessons. He’s sixth form anyway so he’s not in school that much anyway…” I guess I’d forgotten to tell Casey about our rendezvous in the music room “Besides it’s not like he’s dead or anything.”

      She froze. Suddenly realizing what she had just said “Uh, no that’s not what I meant, I err…” I smiled at her; the panic on her face was rather amusing.

      An awkward silence occurring in our conversation reminded us of our research day last week. We had found out so much about Joe and who he use to be, and yet we still knew nothing about him.

      Casey had suggested many times that we needed another investigation day. I said I would think about it, although, to be honest, I didn’t see the point.

      I want to know about Joe, I do. But if I have to go through this much trouble to find out about him I’d rather not. Why can’t he just tell me about himself? Instead of sending me on these weird riddle expeditions.

      “Ang, I know you’re hurting.” Casey said; I turned to her, wondering what she would say this time “I would be too. Just think…where do you think Joe would go to try and stay away from you?” It was the weirdest question I had ever been asked, but it made a lot of sense. So I thought of what the answer could be.

      At first I thought the ballet studio because of his love for dance; I then went against that idea. He knows I go there a lot and if he’s trying to avoid me he would go somewhere I don’t go to often.

      I then thought about the castle. It’s quiet, it’s off the radar. I’m not there that often, but from his absence I might go there and remember everything that has happened between us.

      My mind was overflowing with so many different locations, all of which are to easy. Joe would go somewhere that I would never think of, and because I’d never think of it…I have no flipping idea.

      “It’s going to be something obvious” Casey said, her eyebrows scrunched up with frustration “He’s annoying like that, I bet it’s right under our noses.”

      Just to test her theory Casey and I looked down our noses. We felt odd doing this but it seemed to bring up our spirits. And Casey did find something…

      Her mobile was flashing letting her know that she had a text message. Picking up the phone to read the message she squealed slightly. I’m guessing it was Jared so I just continued to think.

      I could hear her fingers quickly typing on the keys as she replied to his message. The quick typing obviously meant she was excited by whatever he had said.

      “So what did he say?” I asked, my head still going through boxes of information. Lightly tapping my hand she cried happily “He’s taking me to see a Shakespeare play!”

      I was shocked. Casey Ann Whittam was going to see a Shakespeare play?

      Now don’t get me wrong, I love Casey. But she and Shakespeare do not fit in the same category. “Um …that’s great Case” I said slowly, hoping my confusion wouldn’t come off to thick.