Chapter 31

Chapter 31

      Lying there was rather peaceful. Joe continued to sleep and I lay on his chest listening to his slow beating heart as he slept. The sound was comforting in a way that could not be described.

      I heard his heart falter; whatever his dream was about it was obvious he loved it. I wondered if he was dreaming of me.

      Pulling back I looked at Joe’s expression, and when I looked I couldn’t help but smile.

      His face was relaxed and soft, while his hair had been ruffled in the wind, causing it to be a wild and out of control mess. But it still looked good. There was a little colour that had formed on his cheeks, either he was blushing or it was hotter than I thought.

      My eyes travelled down to his lips, his somewhat moist and rosy lips. They were parted slightly so as he breathed his sweet breath blew into my face, causing me to inhale the sweet smell.

      I smiled softly; he is so cute when he’s sleeping. The sun was slowly setting so I pulled out my phone to check the time. 16:44 it read, it’s rather odd for the sun to be setting this early. Well I guess this is England.

      Sighing deeply I laid back down on Joe’s chest, his breathing still as soft and calm as before. It seemed obvious that Joe would not be waking up anytime soon. So I decided to watch the sky turn different shades of red and orange, it was as if I was watching an artist paint all the emotions that they were feeling.

      Maybe even the emotions I too was feeling, the amount of joy and love I was feeling right now is over flowing. Even I can’t stop the amount of smiles that keep appearing every now and then.

      So many things have made me so happy. Joe, RBS, Casey’s love life, Joe. It just makes me happy to know that everything is going right in my life.

      I mean seriously, nothing has been more perfect than these past nine months. Yeah there have been problems along the way, but getting through them was just what I needed. It’s the reason I’m so happy.

      “Angie!” I heard my Mum shout.

      “Shit, shit, shit, shit” I whispered, hopping off the hammock and rushing inside. Looking back quickly to make sure Joe hadn’t been woken.

      Exhaling I rushed to Mum, making sure she didn’t shout again. “Sorry honey” She said, after I had explained the Joe-sleeping-in-the-back-garden situation to her.

      “Its fine Mum, so what did you want?” I asked, sort of wishing this conversation would end quickly so I wouldn’t miss the last of the sunset.

      She smiled and sat down at the kitchen table, a slight moment of déjà vu popped into the back of my mind. Patting the seat next to her she said “I want to talk to you for a second” then she put her hand to her heart and mocked crying “Can’t you spare anytime for your own Mother?”

      Sitting down on the chair I casually played along “I guess I could spare a few minutes…” I then finished it off with a Casey wink.

      “Well that’s good to know” She smiled while pushing a piece of her blonde locks behind her ear. I watched her. I watched as her expression turned from smiles to tears brimming at the edge of her eyelashes. She lifted her eyes to look at me, and as she began to speak a distinct crack in her voice appeared “Angie, your audition is tomorrow. Your future is decided tomorrow, and yet I can’t help but feel as if I’m no longer apart of your life…”