Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   Walking with Joe felt different to usual. His speed was fast and excited; he pretty much had to drag me to keep up with him. Where ever we were going it was obviously important.

     I watched his expressions carefully, trying to see if he gave anything away. Annoyingly for me, he did not. It was so frustrating. I really wanted to know where we were going.

    Joe continued to walk at a quick pace; I don’t think he even remembered I was there. I could feel my shoes loosening; I looked down to see my shoelaces had come undone. I had to stop, because if I didn’t I would most likely end up on my face.

    “Joe?” I asked, he continued to move “Joe, I need to stop a sec.” He was completely spaced out. I couldn’t wait for him to stop so I yanked my hand out of his. He stopped.

     Sighing I said “Sorry, I had to sort out my shoes.” Bending down I re-tide the laces. I could feel the frustration screaming from Joe’s body, he hadn’t even told me where we were going. And he was the one frustrated?

    Looking to my right slightly I saw a park bench. So instead of taking his hand and being rushed off my feet – which doesn’t sound as fun as it does – I walked over to the bench and sat down. Crossing my arms and legs I turned my head away from him with an over dramatic “Humph!”

     I could see him from the corner of my eye, and he seemed rather surprised. It was hard to hide a smile; he looks so cute when he’s surprised. “What’s wrong princess?” He asked, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

    Huffing again, just to show off the amazing acting I could do, I replied “You won’t tell me where we’re going and you’re pulling my arm out of its socket trying to get there.”

    Laughing at my words he sat down next to me and rubbed my arm socket “Well Princess, I am sorry about that. I only wanted to show you this amazing place I found a while back.” He pinched my chin and turned me to look at him; he’s green eyes piercing my heart, as usual. “It’s beautiful.”

    He brushed a piece of my hair out of my eyes “Almost as beautiful as you.”

    God how does he do that?! I screamed inside my head, trying hard not to speak. I knew my voice would squeak if I did.

     “Come on truffle, let’s go.” He stood up and held out his hand for me. I hesitated at first, but took it anyway. We began to walk, I still had no idea where I was going but it didn’t mind anymore. Gosh I’ve got so many mood swings, you’d think I was pregnant or something.

    Don’t worry I’m still a virgin.
    Walking with Joe now was normal again. He walked next to me, holding my hand tightly in his. A smiled shone brightly on his face, it was contagious. Spinning me slightly, he wrapped his arms around me. We walked in time, me in front of him, feeling his warm breath down my neck. While he stood behind, holding me tightly. He sent shivers down my spine as he kissed the edge of my collar bone up to the tip of my jaw. I didn’t even know he could reach that far from behind.

    Well they say you learn something new everyday. Who ever ‘they’ are.

    I stuttered “Um...” My voice squeaked, it was so unattractive. I cleared my throat and spoke again “Um, do you know when we’re getting there?” Leaning my head back I looked up at him “Because my feet are pretty tired. And I know I just sat down, but these shoes are murder” I complained.

     He laughed gently, I  felt like a bit of an idiot at that point in time. But I didn’t care too much. “Aw, is princess tiered” he joked. Kissing my forehead he said “Do you want your Angel to carry you?"