Chapter 18

Chapter 18

     Why did he have to bring me to such a place? I know he would never understand why this place was so dear to me. How could he? If he ever knew the truth he would most likely have me thrown into a mental institute.

      “Do you like it?” He asked, his beautiful smile piercing me deep as I nodded ‘yes’ to his answer. I love Joe, I really do. But this place was special to me for another.

     My heart has been torn between the two. One for the reasons that can not be described, and the other for similarities to the one I lost.

    He wrapped his arms around me tightly, and ushered me forward with his body movement. It felt so natural to feel him close to me like the way he is, but at the same time it felt wrong. This was mine and his place, how can I be here with someone else.

    I could feel Joe’s warm breath against my suddenly cold cheeks. “Angie?” He said, turning me to face him. I couldn’t look him in the eye, if I did my legs would go weak and I knew I wouldn’t have the strength to go on.

     “I’m fine” I said, wishing that my voice wouldn’t give me away. He nodded, obviously understanding I needed to keep what was ever in my head a secret. But his eyes (god his eyes) his eyes said that he needed to know. And he needed to know now.

    Half smiling at him I asked “So, what exactly was it you wanted to show me?” I tapped his nose “Other than this beautiful place.” He smiled in return, reassuring me that I had been able to deceive him, and my heart.

     Taking my hand he led me inside of the castle. Walking in there now felt so different, it felt good in an I-feel-like-I’m-cheating-on-My-Angel sort of way. The walls seemed more crumbled than the last time I came here.

     I laughed quietly to myself at the irony of the name ‘Castle’. Yeah this place did use to be one, but it looks more like a stump of bricks that had been misplaced. But still I ran my hands over the ruins.

    The ruins felt different to what I remember. Either it was just from the erosion (it’s England, there is a LOT of rain) or it might just be because of the person I am with. What ever the reason, it just seemed different to me.

    But what was the same was the area of the castle. It was so cut off, it was as if we were the only two left. I could see the people of Birmingham through the trees ahead, but none of them could see us. It would have been amazing to be there and explore the area, if only I could stop feeling so guilty.

     I turned to Joe and I couldn’t help but notice how handsome he looked. His brown hair blew in the breeze while his green eyes shone brightly (yeah they do that a lot). A smile was painted on his face as if he were a work of art himself. His strong muscles stood out through the pale blue turtle neck that he wore. I never thought anyone would look good in a turtle neck, let alone him. But there he was looking as if he was heaven’s central, leaning up against the castle wall (well what was left of it anyway) with his eyes closing slowly.

     “Falling asleep on me, eh?” I asked with a slight teasing in my voice. I felt a little more comfortable being here with Joe, even if it meant I was betraying My Angel.

     His eyes were fully closed now, but he still smiled “yeah, it’s so peaceful here.” He still held my hand in his, I felt him squeeze it tightly. Pulling me towards him, he sat us down on the ‘wall’. I heard him yawn as he laid his head on mine. “I’m just glad I have you by my side” he whispered

     It seemed like hours hand passed as Joe and I sat next to one another. His deep breathing told me he was sleeping. So as he slept I watched the people of Birmingham live their lives. But as the sky turned darker their was no one left near by, all that was left was Joe and I.