A Mermaid Tale Book 1 by NocteLamia101

1 August 2013

Q1. What's the name of the book?

A.  A Mermaid Tale Book 1

Q2. What is the genre of your book?

A. Romance/Fantasy/Mermaid

Q3. What gave you the  idea for your book?

A. I was walking to school in the rain about years ago when mermaids suddenly randomly popped into my head. 

Q4. Is Your Book R-Rated?

A. No

Q6. Can you give a summary of your book? 

A. Tarabelle Johansson is an18 year old girl that wanted to take her life away. Despite having a wonderful older brother named Ridge, Tara wasn't happy, she was depressed. Who wouldn't be? Her mother has been dead since she was nine, and her dad was a jobless drunk that had fun abusing Tara in every single way. The day Tara finally "quits" her job, she also decides to quit her life the easy way, by jumping off a bridge. But when she jumps off she is "saved" by the most unlikely thing humanly possible, a mermaid. You would think that the mermaid would've swam Tara back to the surface to live on with her life, but no, instead she also turns her into a mermaid as well. Now, not only is Tara stuck in an underwater kingdom full of human fish and has no idea how to adapt, but she also falls for the prince (soon to be king) Taiven. But the mermen is already engaged, and Tara finds out that his bride to be Adara, is not who she appears. While all of this happens under sea, back on land Tarabelle's older brother Ridge, attempts to find out what exactly happened to her. He is convinced that his sister would not commit suicide, would she? This is the story about a girl who's life got turned upside down the day she wanted to die.

Q6. Why do you believe it is a good read?

A. That's the thing, I don't find the book particularly amazing to read. I'm very harsh with my work, and I honestly don't like the book that much, but for some reason, it passed 100 000 reads in less than a year. I suppose it's because it has that romance/addicting plot to it because I pretty much always finish the chapters with cliffhangers.

Q7. What would you like to say to those  who read your book?

A. I say thank you so much for reading, and I hope you check out my other (and better) stories as well; and for those who never have read any of my novels, you should go check them out!!!

Click the external link to go straight to the interviewed story.